Lido buffet choices on “elegant” night- prime rib or choc melting cake available?

Buffettfan 225

Curious if the Lido buffet on “elegant night” if they offer any of same food that evening of main dining room?,
Looking for lido buffet items like prime rib, choc melting cake in particular. 

On a side note- does lido usually offer same soup as in main, or have choc melting cake ever on found on buffet? 

Yes they'll have prime rib. For the most part the menu is very similar between Lido and MDR. They don't serve the melting cake on Lido. It was explained to me that after the melting cake sits on a buffet for a few minutes it isn't really molten anymore.

56 minutes ago, mvaygibson said:

Great question. Thanks for asking. I aways wondered myself about the chocolate melting cake! I sure don't want to miss it!

You won't miss it, it's in the main dining room every night not just elegant nights! 🙂

Just now, famof4togo said:

Good point!  Plus I hear in general the buffet has great desserts.

Oh goodness yes. Used to the buffet's desserts looked better than they tasted but Carnival improved. My past cruise on Freedom, wow they were good. Funfetti cheesecake was one that stuck out in my mind as delicious.

• Like 1

Speaking of the lido buffet...and apologizes to the OP for the hijack but I "just" learned that they have a "late night" selection from I believe 11pm to 12:30am...what type of food do they serve at the "late night" lido?  I am a night owl and will definitely enjoy having another option beyond pizza and room service past 10pm....TIA

1 hour ago, famof4togo said:

Speaking of the lido buffet...and apologizes to the OP for the hijack but I "just" learned that they have a "late night" selection from I believe 11pm to 12:30am...what type of food do they serve at the "late night" lido?  I am a night owl and will definitely enjoy having another option beyond pizza and room service past 10pm....TIA

Two hot sandwiches - meatball sub and some pressed with lunchmeats and cheese - and a hot and cold pasta dish, plus some sweets.  It's nothing special, but it's a nice option when the deli is closed and the pizza line is crazy.

Still blows me away that this isn't available on the MG where the deli closes an hour early!  Best food options we've ever had on a cruise - until you want something to eat later at night!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, famof4togo said:

Years ago it was hot dogs, chili, fries, and chicken fingers. Then they moved the hot dogs & chili to the Deli and for a while it's been spicy bbq chicken sandwiches, chips, cookies, and I think hot ham&cheese.

On the Ecstasy we would get out of the late comedy show, and take the back stairs up to Lido (nobody knew about those stairs apparently) and we would beat the crowd to the late night buffet.

Carnival really needs more late night food options. It's bewildering the Mardi Gras doesn't have a late night buffet for example, a ship with so many food options. Pizza being 24/7 is great for sure but there are times that pizza line is 15+ minutes long.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
36 minutes ago, skivoodoo said:

Do they have lobster tail in Lido on elegant night? 😎

🤣 I wish. But I guess I'm the only one whom has actually had Melting Cake on the buffet.  Edit, Blerk noticed it as well I see.

Edited by BasicSailor
Tater chip selection, short on salt.

I found buffett had only a VERY limited selection, yes it was same as MDR, say Prime Rib and fish but litterally nothing else but maybe mashed potatoes. We wanted to bypass MDR one night and do buffet but was so disappinted in buffet we went to MDR.

We had same experience for lunch on port day, after we came back from Deep Seas fishing once again very limited selection, only 4 o5 5 stations open.

Breakfast at buffet was so horrible we just left and skipped breakfast, no smoked salmon, turnkey, etc shaved so thin you could see through slices. I think they really cheap out on buffet and expect you to go to Chicken or mexican place. Even MDR was very limited menu. Sea Day brunch looks good on paper but it too was almost like a joke.

Now BBQ, Chicken and burger were OK. They never had Guacamole at Mexican place entire cruise.