COVID PCR test in Seward?

czardas

Hopefully some local business will set a covid test site when cruising season starts as there will be  a

lot of people needing a test.  Or cruise lines just do away with the tests altogether if you  have had the 2 shot vaccine.

If (and I think this is a VERY big IF, at this point), testing is still required when the Alaska season opens, in complicated locations like Seward, the cruise lines will be providing some sort of procedure to get tested prior to boarding.

Probably a fairly low chance testing will be required then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 1:06 AM, CruiserBruce said:

If (and I think this is a VERY big IF, at this point), testing is still required when the Alaska season opens, in complicated locations like Seward, the cruise lines will be providing some sort of procedure to get tested prior to boarding.

Probably a fairly low chance testing will be required then.

We are sailing on Regent and yes they do provide a RAT test at the docks but if we have proof of a negative PCR test, then Regent will refund our cruise if the RAT is positive (and we aren’t allowed to board).
So it’s important we have this as our back up. Also we are traveling from Australia and spending time in LA first, so we need to find this PCR test.  We arrive in Anchorage on a Sunday for 24 hours, so doubt we can be tested there and early departure the next morning on the train to Seward, where will be for the next 3 days. Board the cruise on day 3. 

11 minutes ago, czardas said:

We are sailing on Regent and yes they do provide a RAT test at the docks but if we have proof of a negative PCR test, then Regent will refund our cruise if the RAT is positive (and we aren’t allowed to board).
So it’s important we have this as our back up. Also we are traveling from Australia and spending time in LA first, so we need to find this PCR test.  We arrive in Anchorage on a Sunday for 24 hours, so doubt we can be tested there and early departure the next morning on the train to Seward, where will be for the next 3 days. Board the cruise on day 3. 

https://www.anchoragecovidtest.org/

8 minutes ago, broberts said:

Thank you for the list, Walgreens and a few other tests are drive through and we won’t have a car. As I’m unsure of their locations, can you tell me if any other testing sites on the list are walking distance from the Hilton hotel, downtown? 
I appreciate your input. 

8 hours ago, czardas said:

Thank you for the list, Walgreens and a few other tests are drive through and we won’t have a car. As I’m unsure of their locations, can you tell me if any other testing sites on the list are walking distance from the Hilton hotel, downtown? 
I appreciate your input. 

Sorry, I can't help further. Other than to suggest using Google maps or a similar tool.