Navigator of the Seas - Drinks/Specialty Dining

Haven't sailed on RCL in a long time and we are looking to do a cruise later this year on the Navigator. Most of our cruises have been on NCL which includes drinks, specialty dining etc.

Looking for info on drinks packages and any specialty dining packages. Can they be purchased ahead of time and is there a discount? 

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Once you have booked the cruise log into royal website and open the cruise planner for the cruise.  Note that anything selected here (except MyTime dining reservations) will have a cost and that needs to be paid.  Just putting it into your shopping cart won't reserve it.  As Biker said price is dynamic - it can change from day to day.  Ignore any % off claims.  Look at the price.  At present I believe that both drink and dining packages are advertised without gratuity so expect that to be added when you check out.  If you buy something and later see a lower price you can cancel and repurchase.  Will take a week or so for the credit from the first purchase to show up in your credit card.  Once you get onboard any purchases get charged to your ship account.

6 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Once you have booked the cruise log into royal website and open the cruise planner for the cruise.  Note that anything selected here (except MyTime dining reservations) will have a cost and that needs to be paid.  Just putting it into your shopping cart won't reserve it.  As Biker said price is dynamic - it can change from day to day.  Ignore any % off claims.  Look at the price.  At present I believe that both drink and dining packages are advertised without gratuity so expect that to be added when you check out.  If you buy something and later see a lower price you can cancel and repurchase.  Will take a week or so for the credit from the first purchase to show up in your credit card.  Once you get onboard any purchases get charged to your ship account.

Thanks

I just got off the Navigator last Friday, and purchased the Unlimited Dining Package for my b2b.  The 3 day cruise was around $92 and the 4 day was $116.

The Navi does their a la carte differently, and I wish the entire fleet would follow their lead.  Izumi, for instance, is choose 1 from the "appetizer" menu, 2 from the "mains", and 1 dessert.  Anything you order over that you pay extra for it.

Hooked is the same:  choose a starter, an entree, and a dessert.

Johnny Rocket is anything on the menu, including the milkshakes.

The food in the specialty restaurants was EXCELLENT!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pcur said:

I just got off the Navigator last Friday, and purchased the Unlimited Dining Package for my b2b.  The 3 day cruise was around $92 and the 4 day was $116.

The Navi does their a la carte differently, and I wish the entire fleet would follow their lead.  Izumi, for instance, is choose 1 from the "appetizer" menu, 2 from the "mains", and 1 dessert.  Anything you order over that you pay extra for it.

Thanks

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pcur said:

We had the UDP on Navigator in December and are on her now and have it as well.  No issue at either Izumi or Jamie's to order anything you want with no issue on any charges.  They never said a word.

My only issue with Hooked and Jamie's is they are very casual settings.  Hooked reminds me of long John Silver's as far as decor.  

• Like 2

I've been on the Navigator a lot lately and I always buy the Unlimited Dining and drink package. It is usually better to buy it beforehand on the cruise planner ( as suggested above).  The dining venues are really great and you can use them multiple times during the day (appetizers at one venue and dinner at another...) Chops steakhouse is the best but Jaime's is also amazing. Jaime's is open for lunch on embarkation day . The menus for the restaurants will be in the Royal phone app.

Beth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baowen said:

I've been on the Navigator a lot lately and I always buy the Unlimited Dining and drink package. It is usually better to buy it beforehand on the cruise planner ( as suggested above).  The dining venues are really great and you can use them multiple times during the day (appetizers at one venue and dinner at another...) Chops steakhouse is the best but Jaime's is also amazing. Jaime's is open for lunch on embarkation day . The menus for the restaurants will be in the Royal phone app.

Beth

Hi Beth do you know if Jamie’s is free for lunch on embarkation day or if there is a charge for it?

They're not like NCL, where you get it included for just the price of gratuities. You'll probably find the drinks package not worth it on a 3-4 night Navigator, especially since you can drink in Catalina and Ensenada, and only a single sea day. I ate in Jamie's Italian on Navigator and it was pretty great--the meat plank is a thing of beauty. They also have a more limited but cheaper lunch menu, which I'd do next time because nobody in our group was even able to finish their main pasta dishes.