Surf and Stream Internet now Basic and Premium

HskrCrsr

45 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I see his channel pop up on YouTube and that sound effect pops into my head....whompppp whompppp whomppppp. Not sure the guy has had an enjoyable trip or one that met his expectations yet 😳 Alas, while I don't depend on ship WiFi to vlog my trips, I've yet to have 'unusable' WiFi. 

I also don't see any reference at all to the packages changing names...

I am not sure if you hit one of Don's video or not, but his opening music is very low key. There are several cruise VBloggers and only one that I have found that has an upbeat opening; "The Shiplife" and he rarely uses it anymore (no opening at all). I guess I could add "La Lido Loca" with Tony as the host with some light music. But, his opening theme music is nothing like you describe.

Anyway, back to Don for a moment. He cruises a lot at least by my standards, well over 100 on many cruise lines so his experiences count. Don has a second YouTube Channel called "Just Don" that is more personal and not about cruising. Don is, and has been, fighting Stage IV cancer for several years. He has mentioned the number of operations that he has had and it is amazing that he can even still move at all not to mention traveling non-stop (now, sort of post COVID). So, give Don a break he works hard and does provide a lot of good and fun content, but with a big hammer hanging over him. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sptrout said:

I am not sure if you hit one of Don's video or not, but his opening music is very low key. There are several cruise VBloggers and only one that I have found that has an upbeat opening; "The Shiplife" and he rarely uses it anymore (no opening at all). I guess I could add "La Lido Loca" with Tony as the host with some light music. But, his opening theme music is nothing like you describe.

I’m not talking about his literal sound effects. It’s the click bait dramatics that get the big whomp whomp whomp. 

• Like 1

Premium Wi-Fi

Premium Wi-Fi puts our best internet at your fingertips throughout your vacation. Message or video chat with your friends and family, browse the web, send emails even with larger files attached, and post on social media to your heart’s content. Plus, you can enjoy videos, movies, binge- , and music on your favorite streaming apps.  

Basic Wi-Fi

With our Basic Wi-Fi, you can surf the web, send emails, and text family and friends via select messaging apps. It’s a great value option for staying connected while you’re on vacation, but please note that you won’t be able to email large files, share photos or videos, use streaming apps, access social media, or make video calls.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/mx/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/internet-and-phone-packages

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 12:11 AM, jelayne said:

I’m probably naive but I have trouble understanding the need for 24x7 internet equal to what you would have at home or at the office when you are on vacation.  

Yes I get a few are working while on a ship but most aren’t.  We find enough to keep us entertained on the ship that we don’t need to stream movies, face time with everyone we know or try and attach a fire stick or other device to the TV to keep up with whatever shows we watch.  If we can read the local paper , check emails, post on CC and IG we’re happy.  If we want to watch movies or the latest episode of some show we can do that at home. 

I have a job (Realtor) and I am a bit of a control freak.  I also coach agents so I don't mind answering questions or dealing with issues while I am on a cruise.  If I make myself available, I can travel more.