Anyone know if bathroom scales are still in Haven bathrooms?

Always Cruising

56 minutes ago, Always Cruising said:

Was wondering if anyone has seen the scales after return of ships after Covid.  I can see their being removed because of possible transmission (but don't think that follows the "science").  Thanks in advance for any experiences!

Why would they remove them because of possible transmission? You step on the scale, you also step on a walk on the floor

56 minutes ago, Always Cruising said:

Was wondering if anyone has seen the scales after return of ships after Covid.  I can see their being removed because of possible transmission (but don't think that follows the "science").  Thanks in advance for any experiences!

We could not find one on Escape in January.

one of the main features of a cruise is the food. why would anyone want to look at a scale. i always ask the room steward to empty the fridge. if there was a scale in my bathroom, there is no doubt in my mind i'd have him remove it also.

a couple of meals in the buffet, and you might learn to "hate" the sight of a scale!

just saying

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I read the thread and said "WOW ! brave person". If i found a scale in the bathroom I would request it removed or hide it personally. I think there should be a service to remove the scale from your home bathroom for one month post cruise and then return.

ps . if you are a person who requires monitoring of weight for some medical or conscience reason I appoligize for having fun at your expense.  If the scale is not there, and you need or would like it, then they must be stowed somewhere on the ship. just ask for it. 

just thinking the meme should be everyone on their belcony , hucking the scales over board with the caption, " last day of the cruise"  

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Probably the same reasons why one would want a gym, fitness classes, jogging track or stairs.

I never deny myself on a cruise or any vacation including any desserts offered.  I expect to gain SOME weight, but if a scale is available, I do weigh myself at the beginning and periodically throughout, especially if the cruise lasts 3-4 weeks.  I have the unfortunate ability to distort portion sizes and I don't want a double-digit weight gain.  Coming home to that would be depressing.  

• Like 1

Wow now that is one feature I hadn’t heard about in Haven, I’ll never be in one of those staterooms unless I win the lottery anyway but I think I’d be of the hide/remove the scales opinion anyway. However I’m one of those freaks who loses weight on a cruise, I’m usually a lot more active than I would be at work/home.