Excited for Enchanted

dsvrn

Negative Covid tests X 2. Ready to board Enchanted on Monday. So ready to relax and be spoiled after these last 2 years. Anyone on board now know how many will be on next week? 😎🎉🌴☀️🍷🍹🛳

• Like 1

We are currently on the Enchanted - 1948 on board.  Went to the Capt Circle party yesterday and the Captain did say that next week's cruise will have ALOT of ships at every port, 5 for St Thomas and 4-5 at most of the others.  We were lucky this week as we were the only ship at 3 ports and there were 2 ships at the other 2 ports.  St Thomas was empty but most of the shops were open.  I'm sure they will be happy about the increase in ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Wander58 said:

We are currently on the Enchanted - 1948 on board.  Went to the Capt Circle party yesterday and the Captain did say that next week's cruise will have ALOT of ships at every port, 5 for St Thomas and 4-5 at most of the others.  We were lucky this week as we were the only ship at 3 ports and there were 2 ships at the other 2 ports.  St Thomas was empty but most of the shops were open.  I'm sure they will be happy about the increase in ships.

Not to question the Captain but - I'm seeing things a little less crowded:

Yes there are 5 ships in St Thomas (good day to stay on the ship) but only (all including Enchanted):

3 ships in Antigua 

2 ships in St Lucia

4 ships in Barbados

2 ships in St Kitts

I'm hoping Cruise Mapper is correct!

Although we would have loved to only be the only ship in port. That must have been wonderful.

Did the Enchanted seem crowded with 1948 onboard? 

Presuming that even with more ships in port they are all sailing at around  50% capacity.  We are looking forward to 20 March Caribbean sailing and hoping that ports are less crowded.  Over years the volume of visitors has taken away a lot of the appeal of a Caribbean cruise.  We find ourselves staying onboard and enjoying the sunshine when six or more ships are lined up.  Even Princess Cays has lost some the original magic with thousands of sunbeds now lining the beach.  It gets harder to find a quiet spot in the shade … anyone else remember those little straw thatched umbrellas. 

1 hour ago, seapals2 said:

Presuming that even with more ships in port they are all sailing at around  50% capacity.  We are looking forward to 20 March Caribbean sailing and hoping that ports are less crowded.  Over years the volume of visitors has taken away a lot of the appeal of a Caribbean cruise.  We find ourselves staying onboard and enjoying the sunshine when six or more ships are lined up.  Even Princess Cays has lost some the original magic with thousands of sunbeds now lining the beach.  It gets harder to find a quiet spot in the shade … anyone else remember those little straw thatched umbrellas. 

Yep. The only thing is that they couldn't rent out as many of those hot boxes as they do now. 🥵

On 2/26/2022 at 10:04 AM, beach_fever_4ever said:

Sorry, not on board, but have a question for you. Would you please check on something for us sometime on your cruise ? We understand there is not a library on the Enchanted, but is there a place for passengers to drop books for other passengers to pick up ?

Enjoy your cruise.

We were on the Enchanted in December and there was no were to leave or trade books. 

2 hours ago, nnzz said:

We were on the Enchanted in December and there was no were to leave or trade books. 

Thanks. We were hoping somebody could make use of our books after we read them. We never bring them back home after we read them. Maybe I will make some sticky notes that state free and leave them in  in the IC.

1 hour ago, beach_fever_4ever said:

Thanks. We were hoping somebody could make use of our books after we read them. We never bring them back home after we read them. Maybe I will make some sticky notes that state free and leave them in  in the IC.

We took a couple up to the pool ( I sit at the tables to read - can't sit in the loungers due to medical issues)  and put them at the end of the table.  People were smart enough to ask where we got them

because they came onboard thinking there was a library , and we gave them out that way.  Sent my

husband back to the cabin for the rest since they were so thrilled to get them.  I guess I could have put a sign on them but we didn't need to.