Do Azamara Note and Act on These Posts?

cruisinclined

Most posts and their replies comment on the quality of Azamara 'product' in some way. They may be positive or not but usually advisory. Thinking ourselves into the seat of the Azamara CEO I guess many of us would start our days reading what the customers are saying on Cruise Critic. Then raising some topics at management meetings and emailing captains with ship specific feedback.

People new to the line or thinking of using it will read posts and decide whether to change to Azamara and try something new. Like most, I have used a number of other cruise lines with good experiences on most.

So do we know what Azamara management thinks of what we are saying and will that be followed up beyond platitudes? Agreed they cannot respond to all posts or get themselves into a 'to and fro' debate. But something from them would be good. I know Bonnie used to work for them and take part but not sure whether she was able to influence policy and use customer feedback fully.

Those of you who have been active on this site  for some time may know more?

Edited by Host Jazzbeau
NO SHOUTING PLEASE

There was certainly conclusive evidence that they did in the past - people reporting on receiving calls as a result of posts.

The staff onboard say they read the pages but I suspect that is a little stretch given how busy they are each day.

No one has given concrete evidence of the new CEO following regularly but examples may well follow...

Companies spend a fortune on surveys of customer views of their product(s). Here are we posting ideas and feedback most companies would love to have- for free and in volume.

As I said, in the CEOs shoes it would be my first daily task to look  them over, even to reassure myself that we were getting most things right.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cruisinclined said:

Companies spend a fortune on surveys of customer views of their product(s). Here are we posting ideas and feedback most companies would love to have- for free and in volume.

As I said, in the CEOs shoes it would be my first daily task to look  them over, even to reassure myself that we were getting most things right.

I think you raise a good point and have previously suggested that the position of CBO (Chief Blogging Officer) be reinstated.

But several caveats come to mind:

1/ Obviously the mid- and post-cruise surveys produce a much larger sample of opinion. Well worth the added money in my opinion and more important for a CEO’s consideration.

2/ Perhaps incorrectly, I view CC primarily as a forum for cruisers to exchange information as opposed to evaluations. There have been times when posters seemed to want to “weaponize” this site to resolve personal issues with Azamara. Our first CBO sometimes had to remind us that that was inappropriate.

3/ Because of the nature of social media, sometimes a strongly-held minority position on here becomes the seeming majority view. I thought this happened concerning the percentage of showers vs shower/baths in Continental Suites. I admit I only “think” this, but the final decision I still believe was an error.

But, by all means, let’s have a CBO as a monitor.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Certainly specific cases have been heard and dealt with in the past.  With the help of the wonderful CBO Bonnie, a potential disaster for me was seen off at the pass and rectification was made.  Many will remember the issue (RCL/Azamara Miami tried to bounce me when I had a full paid guarantee, 24 hours prior to boarding).   Azamara found me a place on board overnight and I actually received a free cruise.  Without this board I believe none of that would have occurred.    Azamara legends on here were also very supportive, turning the whole unfortunate episode into a positive for us.

• Like 4

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Do Azamara Note and Act on These Posts?