Where to get an antigen test in Honolulu

drakes2

Staying on Waikiki Beach 2 nights post cruise in April before returning to Toronto Pearson Airport.  Only option to get antigen test at the airport is after baggage claim and results take up to 6 hours. Is there anywhere in downtown area to get the test done the previous day? 

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

Have you considered taking a Switch Health test kit with you? You can test either the day before or the day of your flight.

I did but it sounds complicated although others have done it. 

Surprised Honolulu airport doesn't offer at check-in. I have time but I'm the type that likes to plan everything in advance. 

We used the Rapid PCR through CVS for free last month in Honolulu.  Got our results in a couple of hours.  We didn't have much luck with the Switch Health tests, so we wanted someone to do it for us.  The airport  has one that costs $140 (PCR), but they might have a cheaper Antigen which you can use (we couldn't last month).

7 hours ago, stefndoug said:

We used the Rapid PCR through CVS for free last month in Honolulu.  Got our results in a couple of hours.  We didn't have much luck with the Switch Health tests, so we wanted someone to do it for us.  The airport  has one that costs $140 (PCR), but they might have a cheaper Antigen which you can use (we couldn't last month).

@stefndougthank you. We will be staying on Waikiki Beach for a couple nights. Do you remember which CVS you used and did you pre register. With all the current changes hopefully they may not require antigen test by end of April possibly wishful thinking. 

4 hours ago, drakes2 said:

@stefndougthank you. We will be staying on Waikiki Beach for a couple nights. Do you remember which CVS you used and did you pre register. With all the current changes hopefully they may not require antigen test by end of April possibly wishful thinking. 

we did the rapid PCR so there was only 1 location available for that one on Ward Street...but with Antigen allowed now, there might be more options.  Yes, reserve as early as you can.  I think CVS was at least a week, but might have been more.  We booked the first day we could.  

2 hours ago, stefndoug said:

we did the rapid PCR so there was only 1 location available for that one on Ward Street...but with Antigen allowed now, there might be more options.  Yes, reserve as early as you can.  I think CVS was at least a week, but might have been more.  We booked the first day we could.  

I tried calling them this morning the number I reached was a chat bot finally got through to someone and she connected me with a virtual person.  Absolutely no luck at all. 

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I tried calling them this morning the number I reached was a chat bot finally got through to someone and she connected me with a virtual person.  Absolutely no luck at all. 

book online...calling them is useless.  

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

and you can book rapid PCR or rapid antigen from what I can tell still...and its 13 days in advance.  But you might have better look booking the rapid PCR...we got our results in about 3 hours.

26 minutes ago, stefndoug said:

and you can book rapid PCR or rapid antigen from what I can tell still...and its 13 days in advance.  But you might have better look booking the rapid PCR...we got our results in about 3 hours.

Its still too early but I have found a testing facility quite close to where I will be staying. They only book 2 weeks out but possibly antigen tests may be dropped by then. Thank you for your help. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Its still too early but I have found a testing facility quite close to where I will be staying. They only book 2 weeks out but possibly antigen tests may be dropped by then. Thank you for your help. 

Where is it?