Soccer Games on NCL Joy

Magsthecapp

I just looked up the broadcast channels for the USA/MEX game.  I don't think the ship will be showing any of these or would make an expensive purchase to show a qualifying game.

March 24
USMNT at Mexico, 10 p.m. ET — CBSSN, Paramount+, Univision

8 minutes ago, bmwman said:

Soccer is a real sport unless you call the "world Series" which only one country takes part "real sport" 

Sport... all it is is 1) running when you are not just standing around or walking and 2) kicking a round ball.  Yeah that's a tough game there...  Most boring non-sport ever, even more boring than baseball.  I tried watching soccer (kickball) once but the paint drying on the wall next to me kept getting my attention.

5 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Sport... all it is is 1) running when you are not just standing around or walking and 2) kicking a round ball.  Yeah that's a tough game there...  Most boring non-sport ever, even more boring than baseball.  I tried watching soccer (kickball) once but the paint drying on the wall next to me kept getting my attention.

Oh well there plenty of people on this planet who would suggest otherwise. Clearly you live a very exciting life.

Wow this spiraled. I find most people who are that anti soccer know very little about the sport but to each their own. As someone who risked hypothermia for the last qualifier I'd rather not miss watching this one.

Thanks for the advice to those that offered it. We'll likely upgrade to streaming internet so we can watch the game. If we make friends maybe we'll set up a non-sanctioned watch party. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Magsthecapp said:

Wow this spiraled. I find most people who are that anti soccer know very little about the sport but to each their own. As someone who risked hypothermia for the last qualifier I'd rather not miss watching this one.

Thanks for the advice to those that offered it. We'll likely upgrade to streaming internet so we can watch the game. If we make friends maybe we'll set up a non-sanctioned watch party. 

I never said I was anti-soccer.  I just said it was not a sport.  It only requires two skills, running and kicking a round ball.  Yeah some of the players can do some neat tricks with the ball (then again real athletes in real sports can as well), but watching 20 guys kick a ball back and forth for 1½ hours trying to get it into 78 sqft net and only being successful a very few times per game is as much fun as watching the aforementioned paint dry.  Yes every once in a while by dumb luck a exciting play occurs that is exciting, but sitting there for the 90 minutes to see 30 seconds of actual game makes it the most boring event known to mankind.

In my experience with NCL (over 10 NCL cruises), as well as other cruise lines (30+ total), the ship will have the capacity to televise most nationally or internationally relevant games in just about any sport.  NCAA basketball tourney, football, NFL, MLB, Golf tournaments, and certainly soccer.  It being a WC qualifier, I would bet a lot that the game will be playing, or available if you ask.  There is usually one dedicated "sports" channel on the cabin TV lineup, which has the "big games" of the moment, and then one of the otherwise unused channels will have "big games" as well, but will turn off when the game ends.  I cruise in March a lot, and have always been able to watch the NCAA Tournament games; particularly the sweet 16 and beyond.

Having said that, because I am a sports junky, and dont want to miss anything, I have the streaming internet for my Breakaway cruise at the end of March.  I am hoping it works as well as the medallion streaming internet I had in November on the Sky Princess; which was unbelievably good for streaming live football games on my phone.

As for soccer, I used to think it wasnt a great sport, until I actually started watching it.  Its a fantastic sport (except for the constant ridiculous fake injuries, and drama, which is beyond stupid).  It requires every bit the skill, strength, vision and strategy that other sports require.  Folks who think otherwise are generally "limited" in the capacity to understand that, or they would enjoy it as much as those who are passionate about soccer.

Edited by brovol

1 hour ago, brovol said:

the ship will have the capacity to televise most nationally or internationally relevant games in just about any sport.  NCAA basketball tourney, football, NFL, MLB, Golf tournaments, and certainly soccer

Actually USING that capacity, however, is another story.  I was on the Bliss during the World Series in 2019 and nobody on the ship could tell us where (if at all) the games could be watched.