N.Y.cruise port parking

police46

6 hours ago, police46 said:

Where is best place to park when sailing out of N.Y. cruise port  if someone has mobility issues.

Park at the port. 

BTW there are three cruise terminals in NY, Manhattan, Brooklyn and Cape Liberty (which is actually in New Jersey but is part of the Port of New York). If you need any specific details about the parking facilities you'll have to specify which of the three you're sailing from.

52 minutes ago, police46 said:

I checked and the sailing is from Manhattan. 

50 minutes ago, police46 said:

Looking at Carnival Magic , July 06 2022

Just park at the port as I said. Parking is on the roofs of the cruise piers and elevators will take you downstairs to the check area one level below. 

When you drive up to the parking level and pay for your parking they will tell you which pier your ship is berthed at.

• Like 1

We cruised out of Manhattan in November on NCL.  My husband also has mobility issues.   Parking was easy.   Pull up to the parking area which is upstairs over the terminals.  There were long shoremen waiting to take the luggage and there were elevators to get down to the cruise terminal.  Very easily done.   We did have some other issues as we had to go to another terminal for covid testing but you shouldn't have that issue.   Once in the terminal there are people available to assist with wheelchair service if needed.   We also saw several people who had rented mobility scooters to use on the ship if that might be helpful to you.  

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 6:32 PM, dewb5359 said:

We are in Southern Maryland. Have you driven up to Manhattan the day of or the day before?

If you're driving, my recommendation would be to drive part way, spend the night in Jersey, and drive to the port in the morning. That way you won't risk a problem on I-95 or the NJ Turnpike driving the day of the cruise but won't have the problem/expense of parking in Manhattan the night before the cruise.

• Like 1

We live just south of Baltimore and drove the day of the cruise. It was a weekend so traffic was not an issue. We listened to traffic reports along the way in case we needed to adjust our route.  We also left plenty of time in case there was a problem.  End result, we were there plenty early.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mskaufman said:

We live just south of Baltimore and drove the day of the cruise. It was a weekend so traffic was not an issue. We listened to traffic reports along the way in case we needed to adjust our route.  We also left plenty of time in case there was a problem.  End result, we were there plenty early.

Thank You

On 3/5/2022 at 3:19 PM, nybumpkin said:

If you're driving, my recommendation would be to drive part way, spend the night in Jersey, and drive to the port in the morning. That way you won't risk a problem on I-95 or the NJ Turnpike driving the day of the cruise but won't have the problem/expense of parking in Manhattan the night before the cruise.

Carnival Victory 6/28/04 — I’m pretty sure I was on that sailing - was it 4 days,  to St. John and Halifax?