Live Inaugural Cruising Review Wonder of the Seas 3/4/2022 - 3/11/2022 Plenty of Pictures!

Thanks so much for the review! I’m trying not to get too excited for my April cruise because of that pre cruise test. I’ve never had COVID, but it will be my luck to get it when testing for cruise! But seeing your reviews, helps me focus on the fun I hope to have and to be positive.

Enjoy Symphony!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

Thanks so much for the review! I’m trying not to get too excited for my April cruise because of that pre cruise test. I’ve never had COVID, but it will be my luck to get it when testing for cruise! But seeing your reviews, helps me focus on the fun I hope to have and to be positive.

Enjoy Symphony!

We just avoided big crowds and non-vaxed for a couple weeks pre cruise.  Better safe than sorry.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Max and Ruby said:

Enjoy Symphony!

Stay excited and focus on the cruise!  Try to avoid unvaxxed people and wear the mask for 10 days prior to your test to be safe.  You are almost there don’t let it trip you up!!  Enjoy your cruise!!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

wow that is some crowd.  I guess the water must have warmed up for some many to be in the pool

Well, that usually happens with so many drinking at the swim up bar and never getting out of the water. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Are you like Michael Keaton in Duplicity and you've cloned yourself to be on two different ships on the same date? 🤔

Oops!

Wonder on 4/1/22

Odyssey on 4/9/22

A side2side cruise with one night in between!

• Like 1

@BennyBrun, I’ve already hopped on over to your Symphony thread, but I have one question about Wonder. It’s about the screen in back of the Aqua Theater. It seems to me from the pictures I’ve seen to be larger and more opaque than on the other Oasis class ships. As a huge fan of a good aft view, I’m wondering how much that view is blocked on the Wonder. Between the big ugly purple slide, and that screen, it seems to me like another whole section of ocean view is now gone. We sailed in a Boardwalk Balcony all the way aft on Oasis before the slide was installed and thought it was a great compromise. Ocean view for me, Boardwalk view for DH. Everybody was happy! 

I do think if the screen is bigger and more solid, it may make for better conditions for the performers in the Aqua Theater shows, but might also make it hotter in the Boardwalk with less air flow. What do you think?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, perfect match said:

@BennyBrun, I’ve already hopped on over to your Symphony thread, but I have one question about Wonder. It’s about the screen in back of the Aqua Theater. It seems to me from the pictures I’ve seen to be larger and more opaque than on the other Oasis class ships. As a huge fan of a good aft view, I’m wondering how much that view is blocked on the Wonder. Between the big ugly purple slide, and that screen, it seems to me like another whole section of ocean view is now gone. We sailed in a Boardwalk Balcony all the way aft on Oasis before the slide was installed and thought it was a great compromise. Ocean view for me, Boardwalk view for DH. Everybody was happy! 

I do think if the screen is bigger and more solid, it may make for better conditions for the performers in the Aqua Theater shows, but might also make it hotter in the Boardwalk with less air flow. What do you think?

If you are referring to the bubble / window like / screen then yes that is much more sturdier and bigger and blocks wind.  It does reduce the airflow because when I was sitting there the night the had to cancel, the wind was coming from the side / back, I did not feel the wind on my face.  If you are standing directly in front of the aqua theatre from the boardwalk, you really can’t see much of the ocean directly in front of you, just on the sides.

On 3/11/2022 at 8:54 PM, SNJCruisers said:

Well, that usually happens with so many drinking at the swim up bar and never getting out of the water. 😉

Never saw much of that in November but then again it is Spring break and those were at lot of the Freedom OTS ship guests I bet.