Guided snorkeling from west bay beach

rdhed

Do they offer guided snorkels on the reef off West Bay Beach? My 11 yr old wants to snorkel but not trying to make it separate activity. Thinking of doing a private tour with moneky/sloth and beach and maybe some shopping so it would be ideal if he could try it while we are at the beach. I know you can rent equipment at beach but are there guides to help you?

We were here in August, and there was a local that came up to us and asked if we wanted a guided tour, which he did for tips.  We have been here many times, but this was the best snorkeling as he knew the reef and took us places we wouldn't have gone on our own, as the reef gets shallow in some parts and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to find my way back.  He even took pictures and then sent them to me on FB messenger.  I will message him if you'd like to see if I could give his info. 

I was also approached by a local guide in February. He even offered to tow my wife while she held onto a life ring. We didn't go because the water was too rough that day, but I have his phone number. I can give it to you if topspot's guy doesn't work out. 

Or you can go to the end of the beach, near the "West Bay Divers" sign, there are some vendors with tables set up selling merchandise and they can point out a guide for you. 

On 3/3/2022 at 11:12 AM, topspot said:

We were here in August, and there was a local that came up to us and asked if we wanted a guided tour, which he did for tips.  We have been here many times, but this was the best snorkeling as he knew the reef and took us places we wouldn't have gone on our own, as the reef gets shallow in some parts and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to find my way back.  He even took pictures and then sent them to me on FB messenger.  I will message him if you'd like to see if I could give his info. 

I would like the info if possible.   We will be there on March 21.   You can message me.   Thank you   Rick  

13 hours ago, lakedad said:

I would like the info if possible.   We will be there on March 21.   You can message me.   Thank you   Rick  

I messaged the guide, I'll let you know when I hear back.  It sounds like SG65CB had the same person approach him.    There are also locals in kayaks who will ask snorkelers if they'd like a guided tour.

• Like 1

Thanks! If you here back from your guide let me know. We booked a private tour with Bodden and plan to do the monkey/sloth thing and then get a day pass for inifinty. We will be there during Semana Santa so I am anxious about how crazy busy the beach is going to be but oh well, the kids will probably have fun. I just need a drink and some shade and it should be ok.

• 2 weeks later...