Best Price Guarantee - After Final Payment

Jim_Iain

Try submitting the    Form obtained from this link -  Unlike I did - include a copy of your Celebrity Invoice as well as a screen shot of the dummy booking final price.   Make sure you are comparing Refundable to Refundable and Non-Refundable to Non-Refundable.    Send to:   bestprice@rccl.com   they respond withing 48 hours.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi-7pHO-bf2AhWIQc0KHWFjCsoQFnoECBAQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.celebritycruises.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fcelebrity%2Fpdf%2FBest-Price-Guarantee-Form.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2Cf2_KZ6HO3hh4JJZ_W2rq

Edited by Jim_Iain

My question is under the Wonderful promotion, the price stayed the same, but the perks were better. I emailed the planner, and she said I got the best price. I responded this was about perks, and she didn’t answer. I just made final,payment over the weekend.

6 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

My question is under the Wonderful promotion, the price stayed the same, but the perks were better. I emailed the planner, and she said I got the best price. I responded this was about perks, and she didn’t answer. I just made final,payment over the weekend.

You have to be super specific with them on these. Reply and say you want the Value Added Offer which is the included Elevate Package/OBC added to your cruise. Maybe even highlight the text below and explain that it's coming from the current Wonderfull Sale and reiterate you are aware the total fare does not change. 

Best Offer Guarantee

If the fare on your sailing is reduced or the promotion gets better, give us a call and we’ll honor your choice right up to 48 hours before you sail. This applies to bookings made before March 31, 2022 for sailings up to September 30, 2022.

Sent that to her, and this was her response…. No mention of the additional OBC.  

With the promotion for the included Elevate package today’s cruise fare is $1611 per person, you are paying $1461 per person. If you would like to upgrade to today’s promotion, you would have to pay the difference.

23 hours ago, mikewomb said:

Sounds like my travel agent so I didn't even bother to call her about it.  I called Celebrity direct and apparently am being given $ 2000 OBC.  This did surprise me because when I've called before final payment about new promotions,  they always said I had to go through my TA.  A refund would have been better, but I can use to book excursions and shop at the Apple store. 

1 hour ago, Peggy Tuten said:

Sounds like my travel agent so I didn't even bother to call her about it.  I called Celebrity direct and apparently am being given $ 2000 OBC.  This did surprise me because when I've called before final payment about new promotions,  they always said I had to go through my TA.  A refund would have been better, but I can use to book excursions and shop at the Apple store. 

Was this after final payment?

Just now, Peggy Tuten said:

Yes, final payment was in January for an April cruise

Well that is great. They are very inconsistent and not very knowledgeable. I agree cash would have been better, but the OBC was great. 

• Like 1

Price went down for our May Alaska sailing. I called at 7:00. Am and got right through. Final payment was made a few days before. Price was adjusted and I was told I would see the refund on my card in ten days to a few weeks…. Fingers crossed!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

I have another variation on this problem.  We have made final payment on our May 14 British Isles Apex cruise.  Today, the same category cabin is available (all in, as shown on a mock booking) for $617 less than we paid.  The one difference, which I wondered about, is that our cruise was booked with a refundable deposit (as part of a TA group booking, I believe), while today only non-refundable deposits are being offered on the website for this cruise in this cabin category.  I asked the TA to check with Celebrity.  I got back a message including this discussion:

I just spoke with Celebrity and they told me that you are looking at a Nonrefundable fare. This is the only time that you cannot reprice a cruise after final payment has been made. Your cruise was booked originally as a refundable fare.

So I kind of understand this; it becomes an apples and oranges situation.  But if, as is the case for me today, they are not offering both refundable and non-refundable fares after final payment, does that mean that a passenger with a refundable payment fare at the date of final payment will never qualify for OBC in light of a reduced fare?  If so, doesn't this make the Best Offer Guarantee or Best Price Guarantee (I am still confused as to which is which) a joke, at least if you booked a refundable fare?

Anyway, I am going to submit the online form just for the fun of it, but I assume I will probably be out of luck.

Tom & Judy

5 hours ago, TFree said:

I just spoke with Celebrity and they told me that you are looking at a Nonrefundable fare. This is the only time that you cannot reprice a cruise after final payment has been made. Your cruise was booked originally as a refundable fare.

Anyway, I am going to submit the online form just for the fun of it, but I assume I will probably be out of luck.

Tom & Judy

I had the same situation and was told the same thing regarding refundable and non-refundable bookings after final payment. My TA had a refundable price that was less than my original booking and I received OBC for the difference, but Celebrity would not match the NRD price. I asked the TA and Celebrity for a copy of the fine print that explains the RD vs NRD issue, but no one can provide anything in writing. I agree with you that the “Best Offer Guarantee” is misleading.

On 3/24/2022 at 2:00 PM, TFree said:

I have another variation on this problem.  We have made final payment on our May 14 British Isles Apex cruise.  Today, the same category cabin is available (all in, as shown on a mock booking) for $617 less than we paid.  The one difference, which I wondered about, is that our cruise was booked with a refundable deposit (as part of a TA group booking, I believe), while today only non-refundable deposits are being offered on the website for this cruise in this cabin category.  I asked the TA to check with Celebrity.  I got back a message including this discussion:

So I kind of understand this; it becomes an apples and oranges situation.  But if, as is the case for me today, they are not offering both refundable and non-refundable fares after final payment, does that mean that a passenger with a refundable payment fare at the date of final payment will never qualify for OBC in light of a reduced fare?  If so, doesn't this make the Best Offer Guarantee or Best Price Guarantee (I am still confused as to which is which) a joke, at least if you booked a refundable fare?

Tom & Judy

Just following up here.  I submitted the Best Price Guarantee form, along with a pdf of the mock booking I had done, showing the price difference, to the email address listed on the form.  Receipt was acknowledged by an automated message, and then another message confirmed that the request was under review.  

I just noticed this morning (two days later) that the amount of our OBC has increased by approximately the amount of the price difference.  (I would have to do some math to determine the exact amount added.)  So I put this in the "it never hurts to try" category.

Tom & Judy

1 hour ago, TFree said:

Just following up here.  I submitted the Best Price Guarantee form, along with a pdf of the mock booking I had done, showing the price difference, to the email address listed on the form.  Receipt was acknowledged by an automated message, and then another message confirmed that the request was under review.  

I just noticed this morning (two days later) that the amount of our OBC has increased by approximately the amount of the price difference.  (I would have to do some math to determine the exact amount added.)  So I put this in the "it never hurts to try" category.

Tom & Judy

Did you book directly with Celebrity?  I'm under the impression that if one booked through a TA the request must go through them.

4 minutes ago, lilalila said:

Did you book directly with Celebrity?  I'm under the impression that if one booked through a TA the request must go through them.

No, I booked with a TA (as mentioned in my prior message).  She called Celebrity on Thursday, but was told that our sailing did not qualify, because we had a refundable deposit as of the date of final payment, and the price I was seeing was for a non-refundable deposit.  As I said above, I could sort of see the logic in that, but since Celebrity is currently only offering non-refundable fares for this cruise, I decided to submit the form anyway to see what happened.

Tom & Judy