Carnival Mardi Gras comedy shows and random info

TNcruising02

On 3/5/2022 at 3:33 PM, TNcruising02 said:

Here was my morning.  We reached Platinum this cruise and chose to carry our bags off of the ship ourselves.  We received a letter in our cabin stating to meet in the theater at 7:30.  From past experience, we knew we should arrive earlier.

You are probably getting tired of my questions, but do you remember what the platinum meeting time was for those choosing to check their luggage?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

You are probably getting tired of my questions, but do you remember what the platinum meeting time was for those choosing to check their luggage?

It was 8:00, but I am pretty certain they left early as well.  Our luggage tag number 3 was called right around that time.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

To me, Carnival hasn't done a good job in telling you how you could get the benefits.  I didn't receive an email for our September or January cruise.  If it wasn't for the one I had seen here and information from John Heald, I wouldn't have known about getting the platinum benefits.  Even the part about being about being able to drop off luggage at our room upon embarkation.  We even asked that specific question at the check in for our September cruise because even the agent in the priority line said that we couldn't go to our rooms until 1:30.  When I told her that John Heald said that we could drop off bags at our rooms and then leave, she said that she didn't believe that was right.  I have shared that their needs to be better communication of these benefits on both the surveys.

We received the below email about 10 days prior to sail date for each of our last 3 cruises booked (August, December, March).

https://view.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/?qs=6be782c8a6bba73f575c92091738f77fe393391acffb8287d3efd7da87b0fb84a435491af8bdaef8361b948d78e12ff03f40755b26021cbaa7a33df5f157924a1a2cd69fd56076ddc043efdab02e8ce4

Edited by cruisemom2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I was automatically given zone 4 luggage tags, so I could have had my luggage checked and then waited anywhere for my zone to be called.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

Thanks.  I guess they sent me the Gold letter ahead of time since I was not going to reach platinum until I checked in.  However, the word platinum was on my boarding pass and luggage tags.

We haven't sailed on Carnival in many years and I have a question regarding the Comedy shows.  Do we have to make any kind of reservations?  Do we just walk up and get in line?  Does being Platinum make any difference where/when we get in line?

Thanks.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

We haven't sailed on Carnival in many years and I have a question regarding the Comedy shows.  Do we have to make any kind of reservations?  Do we just walk up and get in line?  Does being Platinum make any difference where/when we get in line?

Thanks.

Platinum makes no difference as far as lines to get into the comedy shows goes. They "empty the club" after each show, and folks start lining up before the next shows start time. What usually works for my wife and I is we head to the club/line 15/20 minutes before the next shows start time. If it's a more popular show/comedian, we'll go sooner. We've been able to get in and get seats doing that...most times. Something annoying we see fairly regularly is folks coming out of the just ended show joining people in line, not a huge deal..cause...people will be people!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

Thanks.

The great thing about Carnival is that they don't require reservations for shows.  Being platinum makes no difference.  We simply got to the shows about 35 minutes early.  For the first show of the night, they let people inside the room about 30 minutes before showtime.  

For later shows, we would just get in line after we got out of the previous show and were always able to get a decent seat, even if the line was long.  Once they cleared out the room, which took approx. ten minutes, they would let the new line in approx. 20 minutes before showtime.

People who arrived 15 minutes or less before the shows didn't have a lot of choices for seats unless it was the first show of the night.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

Platinum makes no difference as far as lines to get into the comedy shows goes. They "empty the club" after each show, and folks start lining up before the next shows start time. What usually works for my wife and I is we head to the club/line 15/20 minutes before the next shows start time. If it's a more popular show/comedian, we'll go sooner. We've been able to get in and get seats doing that...most times. Something annoying we see fairly regularly is folks coming out of the just ended show joining people in line, not a huge deal..cause...people will be people!

Hey, we join the line.  LOL.  If it's a new show, we like to see it.  We always join the end of the line.  

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Hey, we join the line.  LOL.  If it's a new show, we like to see it.  We always join the end of the line.  

Lol!! I should have been more specific....joining their pals as place holders nearer the front of the line or at least in front of us!!! All good....we pretty much always get in to the shows. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bar1068 said:

Lol!! I should have been more specific....joining their pals as place holders nearer the front of the line or at least in front of us!!! All good....we pretty much always get in to the shows. 

Oh yes, I have seen that happen.  Another annoying thing is when someone tries to save multiple seats.  On other Carnival cruises, they make announcements at the shows that there is no seat saving.  I can see saving one seat, but some people try to save a bunch.  Two people tried to save nearly the entire 3rd row center seats for one show.  Finally, when their friends didn't arrive, they "let" other people take the seats.  That's ridiculous and unfair to the people who arrive early.

Edited by TNcruising02

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

Two people tried to save nearly the entire 3rd row center seats for one show.  Finally, when their friends didn't arrive, they "let" other people take the seats.  That's ridiculous and unfair to the people who arrive early.

Was this last week?  if so, you must have been at the show we were at.  We were sitting on the 2nd row & kept hearing them stop people from sitting there.........and then we heard, "oh well, guess they aren't coming"....ugh.  So annoying.  My DH was biting his tongue not to say something.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, clginal said:

Was this last week?  if so, you must have been at the show we were at.  We were sitting on the 2nd row & kept hearing them stop people from sitting there.........and then we heard, "oh well, guess they aren't coming"....ugh.  So annoying.  My DH was biting his tongue not to say something.  

Yes, it was!  First two people tried to save the seats, one sitting at the end of the row and the other person at the other end of the row next to two people.  Then I guess one of the people went to find their group. As the theater was filling up, people kept going to that row thinking there were available seats.  I thought it was hilarious at the end, after she let other people sit in the saved seats, when her group arrived and seemed annoyed that the seats were occupied.  Then the lady sat all by herself while her group found seats elsewhere.  Karma.

Edited by TNcruising02

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Yes, it was!  First two people tried to save the seats, one sitting at the end of the row and the other person at the other end of the row next to two people.  Then I guess one of the people went to find their group. As the theater was filling up, people kept going to that row thinking there were available seats.  I thought it was hilarious at the end, after she let other people sit in the saved seats, when her group arrived and seemed annoyed that the seats were occupied.  Then the lady sat all by herself while her group found seats elsewhere.  Karma.

yes, that was it.  but, since we were in front of them, we didn't see it all but, I do remember they did finally show up to no seats left on that row.  

I can't remember what show it was..we went to so many.  Was it Love & Marriage???  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Oh yes, I have seen that happen.  Another annoying thing is when someone tries to save multiple seats.  On other Carnival cruises, they make announcements at the shows that there is no seat saving.  I can see saving one seat, but some people try to save a bunch.  Two people tried to save nearly the entire 3rd row center seats for one show.  Finally, when their friends didn't arrive, they "let" other people take the seats.  That's ridiculous and unfair to the people who arrive early.

Oh yea....seen that numerous times as well....totally annoying like you said. I've almost "challenged" a few people and went to sit down, figuring you make a fuss, and we get staff involved, you lose, but then recall, I am on vacation, and you're not worth the hassle and move in on find somewhere else. Like I mentioned, people will be people!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, clginal said:

yes, that was it.  but, since we were in front of them, we didn't see it all but, I do remember they did finally show up to no seats left on that row.  

I can't remember what show it was..we went to so many.  Was it Love & Marriage???  

Yes, it was the Love & Marriage show.

1 hour ago, bar1068 said:

Oh yea....seen that numerous times as well....totally annoying like you said. I've almost "challenged" a few people and went to sit down, figuring you make a fuss, and we get staff involved, you lose, but then recall, I am on vacation, and you're not worth the hassle and move in on find somewhere else. Like I mentioned, people will be people!!

Exactly!  My husband said that someone should just sit down in those seats.  I suggested (jokingly) that he do it.  LOL.  But yeah, it's our vacation and we keep to ourselves.  Rude people don't care that their actions are rude.

• Like 1