Flights by Celebrity

PMT51

On 3/6/2022 at 9:43 AM, Barsnikel said:

Without logging in to my current cruise booking, I checked Celebrity flights and found one for $170... but when I log in with my cruise booking number, that same flight is $270..

I called Celebrity, and if I am already booked for a cruise, the best price they will give me is the $270.

In other words, they are giving a better airline discount if you book a new cruise, as opposed to if you are already booked.

I am not sure exactly what Celebrity said to you or if you just made an assumption.

I am far from an expert on the topic.  Several years ago I had a similar situation except I did not have a existing.Celebrity air reservation. (I did not a cruise booking)

i checked the CA flight cost “estimate” on the booking engine.  It gave me a quoted price.  When I logged into my actual booking and checked the CA, the fare was higher.  When I called CA they told me that the quoted (without a booking) is just an estimate that is only updated periodically.  When you have a booking, it is the actual cost (on line or on the phone).  So they gave me a different answer.  
Does the Celebrity website actually allow you to book the air (at the lower price) and the cruise on line at the same time? I would be afraid that if you created a  new booking, you would get the higher air fare unless Celebrity was running a special promotion.

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

One downside of Flights by Celebrity that I'm experiencing and a number of others are reporting.   Prices dropped over the weekend (after final payment).   Celebrity has been rejecting application for price match "due to reservation including air reservation".      

My agent is still working with Celebrity to resolve.    If so will be the last time i use them.   My fare is the same as I could have purchased direct with airlines.  

I am sure you will keep us posted.  Good luck.

n
 During my experience last year, I found out that Celebrity charges a $200 change fee per person for any air change after final payment.  They do this even though the airline does not have a change fee. Therefore until the airlines restart changing a change fee, I will cancel my CA before final payment. (Assuming booking direct with the airlines if the air fare is the same or close to the same.)

You have now given me another reason to use that strategy.

I've had a terrible, first, and last, experience with FBC.

In the past 5 weeks I've probably spent 15 hours on the phone with them.

I will *NEVER* use them again.

The issues encountered are too numerous to mention, but the common thread is total incompetence and poor customer service.

I reached out to my TA of many years to ask for help- received none- and after a dozen + cruises booked with them and tens of thousands of dollars... am looking for a new TA.

FBC, based only on my experience, has been a total and complete disaster and I would not use them again if they were free. OK... MAYBE if they were free 🙂