Adventure Ocean on Oasis

I’ve cruised Royal many times (and will be going diamond after our planned cruise on Oasis this summer)

The difference is our last cruise was our honeymoon, and now we have kids! So we are taking our 4 year old on his first cruise! He’ll be diamond after one trip. Lucky guy!

ANYWAY… I know full well that things can and will change by this summer.. but has anyone done Adventure Ocean with this age group with current Covid protocols? Just wondering what to expect, will he have fun, etc.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I haven't seen any reports since the Feb 25 protocol change, but prior to that it was not fun for kids since they were treated like disease vectors.

I mean… my two kids both go to daycare. They get colds after the 2nd week of school and are sick until June. So…… they kind of ARE vectors of disease. 😂

5 minutes ago, PGHProducer said:

I mean… my two kids both go to daycare. They get colds after the 2nd week of school and are sick until June. So…… they kind of ARE vectors of disease. 😂

But in daycare I assume they can interact and share toys.  Not so in post-covid Adventure Ocean.

19 minutes ago, PGHProducer said:

I’ve cruised Royal many times (and will be going diamond after our planned cruise on Oasis this summer)

The difference is our last cruise was our honeymoon, and now we have kids! So we are taking our 4 year old on his first cruise! He’ll be diamond after one trip. Lucky guy!

ANYWAY… I know full well that things can and will change by this summer.. but has anyone done Adventure Ocean with this age group with current Covid protocols? Just wondering what to expect, will he have fun, etc.

Thanks!

While I know that this does not say much, here is info from this week’s voyage on the Wonder. 

And some photos starting at post #77

930ADF30-817E-4ADD-ADDC-DF1A1EF50FCD.jpeg

1B0A69BA-8839-4D13-8B60-22C6721DAB40.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Scottyb1708 said:

Just off Oasis and had kids in the 3-5 and 6-12 program.  Kids wear masks, not really any social distancing.  They all loved it.

Hey! We will be on Harmony in 2 weeks and we are wondering if AO has increased capacity from a few months back when it was limited. Did you have to sign up for spots ahead of time? Was it difficult to get the kids in as often as they wanted to go? Any input on current process appreciated!

18 minutes ago, Gatordad815 said:

Hey! We will be on Harmony in 2 weeks and we are wondering if AO has increased capacity from a few months back when it was limited. Did you have to sign up for spots ahead of time? Was it difficult to get the kids in as often as they wanted to go? Any input on current process appreciated!

It was all first come first serve, no pre-booking allowed.  They said if you had an excursion booked, you would somehow get priority access, not sure how that works though.  We had trouble getting some of the kids in the 6-12 program 2 nights, but we were slow getting them there.  I think as long as you get them in before the 8:00 dinner rush, you would probably be OK.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scottyb1708 said:

It was all first come first serve, no pre-booking allowed.  They said if you had an excursion booked, you would somehow get priority access, not sure how that works though.  We had trouble getting some of the kids in the 6-12 program 2 nights, but we were slow getting them there.  I think as long as you get them in before the 8:00 dinner rush, you would probably be OK.

Great-that sounds a lot easier (overall) than other reports I’ve seen-thanks for reporting back!

1 hour ago, Scottyb1708 said:

Just off Oasis and had kids in the 3-5 and 6-12 program.  Kids wear masks, not really any social distancing.  They all loved it.

Did they remove the hour limitations? They were previously limiting you to X number of hours per sailing. For example when we went in November it was either 5 or 6 hours for the entire week. 

14 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

Did they remove the hour limitations? They were previously limiting you to X number of hours per sailing. For example when we went in November it was either 5 or 6 hours for the entire week. 

No limit on hours on our sailing, may change during a high kid occupancy sailing (holiday, spring break, etc).  There were 3 sessions you could put the kids in, first come first served.

• Like 1