Seattle Pre-Cruise Hotel Recommendation

islesdave

2 hours ago, 1cruise2U said:

anybody know how the location of Hilton Garden Inn 3056 188th Street area is?

It’s about 1 mile south of the airport and light rail station. A cab/Uber/Lyft would be about 30 minutes or the light rail would be 40 minutes to downtown.  There is very little to do in the area although hotels can be much more reasonable than downtown.

3 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

It’s about 1 mile south of the airport and light rail station. A cab/Uber/Lyft would be about 30 minutes or the light rail would be 40 minutes to downtown.  There is very little to do in the area although hotels can be much more reasonable than downtown.

Thanks I have a late evening flight arrival so I may stay here one night and then move downtown...I heard there was a good pancake spot not to far that I wanted to try out

Edited by 1cruise2U
  • Like 1

Can I jump on the bandwagon and ask if anyone has stayed at The State Hotel? We have 3 nights booked there pre cruise. After reading another tread regarding downtown security it appears as if it’s near the dreaded 3rd Ave., and several people recommended staying away from 3rd. Is it that close? Should I look elsewhere? 

38 minutes ago, Goldshep said:

Can I jump on the bandwagon and ask if anyone has stayed at The State Hotel? We have 3 nights booked there pre cruise. After reading another tread regarding downtown security it appears as if it’s near the dreaded 3rd Ave., and several people recommended staying away from 3rd. Is it that close? Should I look elsewhere? 

I would be VERY! careful and don't go out after dark.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Goldshep said:

The State is in a great location just a block from Pike Place Market. I walk down that way often from Belltown and find that area safe. A block east is 3rd Ave which has been sketchy but has improved with an increased police presence.

Although they do have larger rooms, most are on the smaller size. If you don’t mind that it is a very good choice for a downtown hotel.

You can also post, or just look, on Trip Advisor. They talk frequently about downtown hotels and the perceived safety issues.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60878-i74-Seattle_Washington.html

• Like 1

Traveling to Seattle in September before cruise, we are looking for Hotel for the one night before the cruise, hopefully with a shuttle to the cruise port.   Then when we get back we are staying for 5 days post cruise are there any recommendations at to places and/or area to stay?   Thanks so much for your help!

On 4/16/2022 at 7:38 AM, skings said:

Hilton Garden Inn on Boren Ave May 13-16th. I use a walker and was advised to use Uber or Lyft. How about public transportation. Still visit my family in Boston so not too proud to use it, if convenient.

So I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn - I moved to one of the islands in the Puget Sound, so when I want to go downtown and not have to worry about the ferry schedule when friends come into town, I stay here. It's very clean and in a safe area. If you're using a walker, I would still recommend Uber and Lyft. Not that public transportation isn't safe, but you'll have to walk a way (with hills!) to get to the bus you would even need to get to most things you wish to see. 

Edited by psuboater

On 4/19/2022 at 6:18 PM, Goldshep said:

The State Hotel is great.

I walked to Wild Ginger at 3rd and Union from Hyatt at 8 Olive last Thursday and lived to tell the tale!

Exercise caution and be aware and you'll be fine.

And do consider a meal at Wild Ginger.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rkaplan said:

Traveling to Seattle in September before cruise, we are looking for Hotel for the one night before the cruise, hopefully with a shuttle to the cruise port.   Then when we get back we are staying for 5 days post cruise are there any recommendations at to places and/or area to stay?   Thanks so much for your help!

What is your budget per night, what sights do you want to see?

Scottca075 thanks for responding.  We usually try to stay under $200, but if it was some place special we would consider it.  I am seeing that some hotels have shuttles from the airport as well as to the cruise terminal.  We are open to any suggestions, nothing is planned yet.  

6 minutes ago, rkaplan said:

Scottca075 thanks for responding.  We usually try to stay under $200, but if it was some place special we would consider it.  I am seeing that some hotels have shuttles from the airport as well as to the cruise terminal.  We are open to any suggestions, nothing is planned yet.  

I don't know of any hotel in Downtown that offers a free shuttle from the airport. There may be a few that offer shuttles to the different cruise terminals.

For around $200 (normally) the Residence Inn  Lake Union is a very nice area and close to great public transportation to get around. The Homewood Suites and Hyatt House by the Space Needle are in the same price range and great as well.

Bear in mind that day of the week, time of year and holiday or event weekends can effect prices, so book a refundable early and keep checking.

1 hour ago, vlbradley21 said:
On 3/11/2022 at 4:55 PM, psuboater said:

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn SeaTac airport - it's clean and the cheapest mid-brand hotel consistently. 

When you stay here how do you get to the port?  Uber?  

Seattle Express is $15 + taxes one way or $30 + taxes round trip

https://seattleexpress.com/cruise-ship-transfers/

They will take you from an airport-area hotel to pier. They can drop you off at the airport or an airport-area hotel on the return.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vlbradley21 said:

How far in advance do you book the Seattle Express?  I’m not sure when I will find out what our boarding time is.

I've already booked. They pickup from hotels at 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 11:40 a.m., & 12:15 p.m. It's about a 45-inut drive, so I'd not book the earlier times. Even if you select the last time, it's not much after 1 when you would arrive at the pier.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dgoz said:

Do any of you have experience with Hotel Theodore?

I haven't stayed there in a very long time, but it is the kind of hotel I like. My #1 hotel I stay at usually is the Kimpton Hotel Vintage and it and the Theodore come from the same era, the 1920s. Both remind me of European hotels. The Hotel Theodore has a great location for dining and shopping.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, janpa70 said:

What about the Holiday Inn? I have points for an IHG brand hotel and looking to stay there. Would the one downtown be good or maybe one by the airport?

If you have IHG points, stay at one of the Kimptons, Kimpton Hotel Vintage, Kimpton Hotel Monaco or Kimpton Hotel Palladian. The Staybridge Suites and Even Hotel Lake Union are both nicer than the Holiday Inn too.

Looking for the best hotel near the airport with a free shuttle. Going to be arriving late and have an early check in time for the cruise. Already using Seattle Express for that portion. 

10 minutes ago, soup23 said:

Looking for the best hotel near the airport with a free shuttle. Going to be arriving late and have an early check in time for the cruise. Already using Seattle Express for that portion. 

Nearly all the hotels at the airport have a free shuttle. Our best is the Radisson across the street from the terminal. It’s a nice hotel with a very good late night restaurant next door in 13 Coins. Although they do have a shuttle you can also walk to the terminal if needed.

We are looking at staying at the Hyatt Regency. This appears to be a little further from the waterfront. Is it still reasonable for walking to Pike Place, Space Needle, etc.? We will have our 10yo and 7yo with us so want to minimize the walking if possible.

3 hours ago, gvgseg said:

We are looking at staying at the Hyatt Regency. This appears to be a little further from the waterfront. Is it still reasonable for walking to Pike Place, Space Needle, etc.? We will have our 10yo and 7yo with us so want to minimize the walking if possible.

Both Pike Place Market and the Space Needle are less than a mile from the Hyatt Regency. That is walkable to me. For Pike Place, you might want to Uber back depending on how much stuff you buy and how much walking you do in the Market itslf.