Seattle Pre-Cruise Hotel Recommendation

islesdave

On 4/2/2022 at 1:46 PM, memoak said:

Just spent 3 nights at the Charter House. Great location near Westlake Center. Easy walking to tons of good restaurants and no major hills

Thanks I have them booked for after cruise in June. They looked good on reviews and google but first hand knowledge is the best.

Edited by jhskick
sp

2 hours ago, jhskick said:

Thanks I have them booked for after cruise in June. They looked good on reviews and google but first hand knowledge is the best.

I should have edited my post it is actually called the Charter Hotel and it is part of Hilton Curio  hotels

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lynne&Barry said:

We are staying at the Kimpton Hotel Monaco.  Is there anyplace nearby to pick up wine for the cruise?

What is near? I'd go to the wine store in Pike Place Market. Yes you might pay a bit more than a grocery store, but you have a great selection and properly stored.

On 4/4/2022 at 11:30 AM, Lynne&Barry said:

We are staying at the Kimpton Hotel Monaco.  Is there anyplace nearby to pick up wine for the cruise?

Well, that's an almighty important question!  Thanks for asking.  We would have been wondering the same thing.  Happy to hear there is a  place at the market.    

Any good Washington State wines that are recommended?

Has anyone stayed at the Crown Plaza Seattle Downtown? It's where we are booked, and I booked it because it's half a mile from Pike Place, had some good rates, and was reviewed decently well on Trip Advisor. I haven't really seen it pop up in these discussions though. 

2 hours ago, ChanaC said:

Has anyone stayed at the Crown Plaza Seattle Downtown? It's where we are booked, and I booked it because it's half a mile from Pike Place, had some good rates, and was reviewed decently well on Trip Advisor. I haven't really seen it pop up in these discussions though. 

There are a lot of great hotels in Seattle so people have pretty diverse experiences. I have not stayed at the Crowne Plaza, but I do stay at the Kimpton Vintage very close by and walk past the CP all the time. The hotel looks nice, upscale and the area is fine for walking around. I think if you got a good rate you will be happy with it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChanaC said:

Not a bad hotel and an easy ½ mile walk down to the market. On the return, it’s uphill back to the hotel which can be inconvenient.

• Like 3

If people are coming in the night before and not necessarily planning on sightseeing downtown Seattle you might want to check out a hotel near Southcenter Mall.  There’s some decent hotels and a lot of restaurants to dine at, but the pedestrian experiences isn’t superb.  There are sidewalks, but not a lot of ambience.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prost Seattle said:

If people are coming in the night before and not necessarily planning on sightseeing downtown Seattle you might want to check out a hotel near Southcenter Mall.  There’s some decent hotels and a lot of restaurants to dine at, but the pedestrian experiences isn’t superb.  There are sidewalks, but not a lot of ambience.  

We're staying at the Southcenter DoubleTree (free with points). It has a restaurant, Outback is in its parking lot and McDonald's is across the street (traffic signal for crossing at corner of parking lot). Arriving at SEA-TAC around 6 PM so that's about all we need even though it's not exciting. There are quite a few other restaurants nearby, but after a day of travel, we probably won't want to walk or take the DT's free shuttle to one of them.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 3:09 PM, Prost Seattle said:

What do you think of Inn at the Market?

It's a bit of a walk, but the good news is that it's mostly downhill.  If you want to walk directly to Pier 66 the closest cross street that will get you down to the waterfront and Pier 66 is Wall Street.  There is also a elevated walkway with an elevator that will deliver you either directly across the street from Pier 66, or just next to it.  This pedestrian bridge is at Elliott & Bell Street.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-the-bell-street-pedestrian-bridge-in-seattle-washington-82546407.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dblue said:

Any reviews on the Sound hotel? Main question is how long the walk will be to pier66.

The Sound is one of the newer hotels downtown. I hear the rooms are on the small side but I like the location. If you can handle your luggage, it’s an easy 15 minute walk to Pier 66. Head north a block to Bell Street and then west direct to the terminal. It’s a slight downhill all the way. Bell St has limited traffic so a good walking street. Don’t walk down Blanchard as there’s a pot shop along the way. Not unsafe but some unsavory folks like myself who frequent the area.

• Like 2

We are staying in Seattle for 3 nights prior to the cruise. We are trying to pick between 3 hotels:

Hotel Andra King room $644

Holiday Inn Seattle DWTN Lake Union $577

Ace Hotel Deluxe room with private bathroom $507

We want to see Pike Place market, space needle, museum of Pop culture, and just wandering around really! We don't plan on spending much time in the room. 

Would the Ace hotel be a good choice? Or am I better sticking with Hotel Andra? What about the holiday inn? Is that a bit out of the way? 

Hilton Garden Inn on Boren Ave May 13-16th. I use a walker and was advised to use Uber or Lyft. How about public transportation. Still visit my family in Boston so not too proud to use it, if convenient.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skings said:

Hilton Garden Inn on Boren Ave May 13-16th. I use a walker and was advised to use Uber or Lyft. How about public transportation. Still visit my family in Boston so not too proud to use it, if convenient.

Here is the Seattle Metro Bus trip Planner.

Your Hilton Hotel address is 1821 Boren Ave Seattle.

You can just type Pike Place Market, or Westlake Light Rail or Monorail Westlake as destinations.

Give the planner a try and then decide if the bus works.  You may want to also see if there is bus service back to your hotel.

https://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/#/app/nextdepartures