Alaska Cruise Season and New England Cadiana Cruises seem to be a GO!

Jim_Iain

This new plan definitely raises many questions, which seemingly will vary for many of us depending on if we're sailing out of or into Canada. It will be interesting to see Celebrity's update once it's provided. With everyone having to be tested before disembarking, there might wind up being a lot more positive   asymptomatic cases that will then require Celebrity to cover the costs of quarantine. As I read it, Canada requires a 14 day quarantine period. So in the end, as my husband often tells me, be patient and all will soon be revealed. 😉  

30 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

I've been following this issue as we have a B2B Vancouver to Honolulu and back to Vancouver which will depart in late April.  While today's announcement was interesting I was hoping for more information and clarity beyond the February 28th announcement.

I agree.   I haven't actually been able to find the order as of yet.   All I have seen is the press releases.

6 hours ago, MustBCruzn said:

Final payment is due in a few weeks on our Alaska cruise RT from Seattle and this looks concerning to me. I can't imaging Celebrity testing all onboard for the few hours we spend in Victoria. I've done this cruise many times and no longer get off in Victoria as our time there is so short, but I would still like clarification sooner rather than later.

We are on probably this same cruise.  If you do not get off do you even need to bother with a test for Victoria?     Since this is primarily an Alaska Cruise do we all need to get tested to get back into the US in Seattle?   Doesn’t sound like they are doing this down in FL for US citizens.  Only those that are flying to other countries. 

8 minutes ago, mauimary said:

We are on probably this same cruise.  If you do not get off do you even need to bother with a test for Victoria?     Since this is primarily an Alaska Cruise do we all need to get tested to get back into the US in Seattle?   Doesn’t sound like they are doing this down in FL for US citizens.  Only those that are flying to other countries. 

I'm hoping that the requirements are as you describe. That would certainly make things easier.

14 hours ago, mauimary said:

Here in Seattle Friday March 12 we drop the in door mask mandates. In King county last week we stopped having to show our Covid shot records to dine in a restaurant. Things are starting to get back to normal here in Seattle.

22 hours ago, dgoz said:

So if I cruise round trip to Seattle with that 5 hour stop in Victoria BC, do I need to do a Covid test before my return flight home?

13 hours ago, PaperGrandma said:

We are wondering about this also.

You both live in the US, so the answer is no. You would not need a test to fly from Seattle to anywhere else in the US.

• Like 1

Thinking back on it we did a cruise to Mexico rt from LA last November and we did not need a test to re enter the US.  If we were to drive to Vancouver from Seattle we would need a test. To fly to most other countries we would need either a PCR or antigen depending on their requirements.  
Now it’s going to be whether the ship as a whole or just those getting off in Victoria will be our big question.  Looks like we will find out when things start up leaving from Seattle. At least to embark we can do the at home proctored antigen tests which are very easy. 

Edited by mauimary