QM2 Grills Terrace

RL999

My wife and I shall shortly be travelleing on the QM2 for the first time.  I am a fulltime wheelchair user. Can anyone advise me if the QM2 Grills Terrace is accessible in a wheelchair? 

Many thanks.

Not sure if that would be the best place for you to go as it's steel fronted so not much of a view if you are seated.

It only really gets busy at sail-aways and everyone tries to hang over the rail to hear and see the band. You might well be better off being down amongst it. 

I don't think access should be a problem, or at least I hope not!

Wheelchair access would, I believe, be by taking the rear-most elevators and going along the corridor to the back door. As I recall, the door to the Grills deck on the port side is easier to manage. 

6 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

Not sure if that would be the best place for you to go as it's steel fronted so not much of a view if you are seated.

It only really gets busy at sail-aways and everyone tries to hang over the rail to hear and see the band. You might well be better off being down amongst it. 

I don't think access should be a problem, or at least I hope not!

Hi.  I haven't been on QM2 for two years since World cruise disruptions.  I am very certain that the rear portion of the grills terrace which overlooks Deck 8 has railings which you can see through even if seated.  

Deck Chair.

Just got back from a 14 day cruise on the QM2 and enjoyed the Grill Terrace, sometimes. Use stairwell D as the easiest access. We saw several wheelchair and scooter folks using the Terrace with no problem. 

The main complaint with the Grill Terrace is that all the folks not in the Grills  think they can use it too. So if you arrive at 10:00 a.m. on a sea day, it is crowded. 

If you complain, forget it, no one checks to see if you are a Grill guest or an inside cabin guest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you everyone for your comments and Jack E Dawson for the photo.

Now do you think I can get in the little pool with my wheelchair, will pat havoc with the electrics 😄😀😀

On 3/9/2022 at 12:45 PM, zak477 said:

Just got back from a 14 day cruise on the QM2 and enjoyed the Grill Terrace, sometimes. Use stairwell D as the easiest access. We saw several wheelchair and scooter folks using the Terrace with no problem. 

The main complaint with the Grill Terrace is that all the folks not in the Grills  think they can use it too. So if you arrive at 10:00 a.m. on a sea day, it is crowded. 

If you complain, forget it, no one checks to see if you are a Grill guest or an inside cabin guest. 

Perhaps solution is to make doors key card accessible only