Room Entry Question

This is possibly the most trivial question a cruiser might ever ask, but here goes:    I'll be in one of those rather unusually-placed  C-1 ocean view rooms on deck 7 (Sirena)  at the front of the ship.  Nearby is a G Inside room.  Where do the occupants of that room enter?  I assume it's not in the middle of the cabin (out in the aisle).  But do they go into the corridor and enter a door at the far end of their room (i.e., toward mid-ship) or do they keep walking forward and enter near the C-1 rooms that are far forward?  I don't care either way, but I've always been in a room mid-ship and realize I don't know much about the rooms at either end!  

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

I am going to guess they may enter across from 7000/7001

let us know  I never go that far forward 😉

That's my guess too.  A few ships [on other lines] have the odd cabin with the door on the long wall, but it really throws off the furniture arrangements.

Stayed in 7003 on both the Sirena and Insignia. The doors to the G inside rooms are across the hall from 7000 and 7001, I think! Curious to hear about your stay in the C-1 as we have a C-1 (Deluxe Ocean View!) booked for a cruise later in 2022. At booking time, it was the only cabin type available, since then, other cabins are available but we plan to keep the Deluxe Ocean View just to try it out. 

Edited by Norseh2o

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

That's my guess too.  A few ships [on other lines] have the odd cabin with the door on the long wall, but it really throws off the furniture arrangements.

All the E cabins midships on Deck 6 of the “R” ships have the door on the long wall. Our first three Oceania cruises were in the most forward of those cabins, the barely obstructed 6033 or 6030.

We actually lucked out on our very first cruise ever in 2008 (Nautica Istanbul to Athens) because we naively booked it only a couple of months before sail away, not realizing how far in advance people booked cruises. We had a guarantee E and did not know our cabin assignment until we boarded.

13 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

Curious to hear about your stay in the C-1 as we have a C-1 (Deluxe Ocean View!) booked for a cruise later in 2022. At booking time, it was the only cabin type available, since then, other cabins are available but we plan to keep the Deluxe Ocean View just to try it out. 

Do you have a C1 on deck 7  they are slightly different from the C1's on deck 4

That said we love the deck 4 location

7 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

C-1 on deck 7.  Curious to know how different are the C-1 cabins? Love higher deck, forward cabins. 

I believe the deck 7 cabin has a bit more room (where the balcony would have been)  compared to Deck 4

Do not think it is  a great difference 

I have 7007 on Sirena.  We generally get G inside cabins on both the small and large ships.  So we're used to those 4 quad groups mid-ship.  And I know THEY are reached in the small corridors you see on the deck plans.  So I'm assuming that the same will be true for 7007, with that large area "behind" the G insides on 7 some kind of storage. 

But I've never cruised in any C room, so I really don't know anything about them, except that for one category, the lowest oceanview is smaller in total space than the inside rooms -- though it may not be on the "R" ships.  I decided to upgrade my choices for this cruise and booked an oceanview.  (Yeah, I know, not much of an upgrade, but I'm not picky about rooms! and have been quite comfortable (and quiet) in the inside F rooms.   When I booked, those unusual C-1's weren't open. Then one day months later I was looking to see how many C-1's were available, and found 7007. I decided it would be fun to try far forward for a change. 

I asked about the C-1's on another post and after some discussion it sounds like 7007 on Sirena has about 2 feet more because the balcony section ends.  One person suggested I ask for a chair to sit there if I plan to look out a lot.   It sounds like, unlike other C-1's, the ones on 6 and 7 have a round window, so that's a bit different from the standard C-1's.  You can definitely see the windows on those decks when you look at the deck plan photo of Sirena.  

Norseh2o, maybe I'll take a picture or two and come back and post.  But basically I think what LHT28 describes is what the primary difference will be -- a bit more space, but perhaps not really not enough to notice!  And a round window, more motion, and few people passing your room, though deck 4 rooms seem pretty quiet. On 7, the bridge is above, and rooms are below.  I'll be walking farther to get food and coffee, but on compact Sirena, that's not a big deal!

• Like 1