New Black Sea update re final payments

Janet&Carl

There has been quite a lot of concern about final payments - especially those with TAs who have not extended the date.  Today we received this email from Azamara saying that final payment date would be automatically extended by 1 month.

"

Brand

March 9, 2022

Dear Azamara Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard your Black Sea Voyage. At this time, we would like to provide you with an important update regarding an adjustment to our payment policies that applies to your sailing.

We're still working through itinerary modifications but wanted to alleviate any uncertainty by sharing that you will receive a 30-day extension on your final cruise payment due date. Please note that this extension will be applied automatically to your booking. If you have specific questions, please contact your Travel Advisor or visit https://www.azamara.com/contact-us for your local Azamara call center number.

We also greatly appreciate your input on our latest survey about the countries you'd like to visit as alternatives to Ukraine and Russia. We are currently working through these changes and they will be shared with you soon.

Thank you for choosing Azamara®. We look forward to seeing you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

AZAMARA®

• Like 2

It's weird I get all the Azamara emails that I would consider marketing rubbish but when it's something important I seem to be in a black hole. My TA and I have not had one email from them about the Black Sea cruise I am booked on. I don't get how they work?

• Like 1

There wasn’t this option for us for the June 27th cruise. And our TA asked. We are paid in full on a cruise to somewhere. We just spent a wonderful time on the Quest in the Caribbean last month and are loyal Azamerians (?) so I imagine we will stay on this cruise. But, I sure would like to know what our options are. Might they allow us to switch to another cruise if the substitute is not to our liking?  This is round trip Athens and though Greece is our favorite spot in the world I’m not sure we want to do Mykonos or Santorini for a third and fourth time. Anyone have experience with totally switching itineraries and ships?  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, john1970 said:

It's weird I get all the Azamara emails that I would consider marketing rubbish but when it's something important I seem to be in a black hole. My TA and I have not had one email from them about the Black Sea cruise I am booked on. I don't get how they work?

Are you checking your junk ????? I know my MSC confirmation when I amended my cruise went to junk and they never had before

No nothing in junk mail. Azamara didn't reply to my facebook message. Guess we will wait for them to let us know what is happening. I have flights already booked but am holding off on hotels and tours etc. I know it''s nothing compared to the suffering of the poor people in Ukraine but I would appreciate some communication even if it's to let me know they are working on it. 

• Like 1

My (very good) agent managed to get some information from Azamara. There was an issue with my email address in the booking hence I did not get any updates or the survey. The final payment has indeed been pushed back and they expect next week to have more information about port changes. Once we know what the new itinerary will look like we can then make an informed decision.

1 hour ago, john1970 said:

My (very good) agent managed to get some information from Azamara. There was an issue with my email address in the booking hence I did not get any updates or the survey. The final payment has indeed been pushed back and they expect next week to have more information about port changes. Once we know what the new itinerary will look like we can then make an informed decision.

Good news!

9 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Since we are the first Black Sea sailing (June 5) and were not permitted to delay our final payment, hoping that they have some acceptable alternatives when they announce the changed itinerary. 

The first a Black Sea cruise in May 5 on Pursuit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, audobon_tx said:

Wonder where we are going?

I know.  Same with us in June.

We would be happy with sailing up to Istanbul overnight, then Cannakale, then down the coast of Turkey where there are lots of ports (Cesme, Izmir, Bodrum, others) and could include, perhaps, Rhodes.  Then back to Pireaus. 

Really not looking forward to a Greece intensive since our previous cruise which leads up to this one is Greece intensive, plus we were at lots of Greek ports in November and December.

But it is what it is....

Edited by ECCruise

With all that is happening, including the inundation of surrounding nations taking on thousands of people seeking safety outside of the Ukraine, I very much doubt that the Black Sea cruises will sail in the actual Black Sea.  With that said, the cruises to the Black Sea were more expensive than the ones going only to Greek or Turkish ports, simply because of the popularity of sailing into that sea and experiencing the ports rarely available on cruises.

Therefore, I think that it is unconscionable of Azamara to continue to charge the same cruise rate if the cruises do not do into the Black Sea.  Just my opinion. I am planning to cancel soon, as I can save money on another cruise that did not at first sell as a Black Sea cruise.

• Like 3

We are on the May 5th cruise.   Ours is complicated by a land tour the week before.  We purchased as a package.  I would be pleased with a future cruise credit where we could book something else rather than a trip to places we've already been and I would not have spent the $$ to see again.

I feel guilty even being worried about a trip when things are so awful for others.   

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 5:38 AM, HokiePoq said:

We are on the May 5th cruise.   Ours is complicated by a land tour the week before.  We purchased as a package.  I would be pleased with a future cruise credit where we could book something else rather than a trip to places we've already been and I would not have spent the $$ to see again.

I feel guilty even being worried about a trip when things are so awful for others.   

Just to update you - which I posted on a previous thread.  We moved our cruise to something that we would rather do.  I rang Azamara and it took some explaining as the person at the other end did not understand that Black Sea cruises had changed so much as to be unrecognizable.  The upshot is - I got moved to a new cruise - same booking number same deposit different itinerary.

• Like 3