When will GOC drop the mandate for pre-arrival tests completely??

Labber 2

14 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Never minded GOC ask for pre arrival , when will USA drop the pre arrival testing to fly in the country 

Just out of curiosity, why do you not mind Canada's testing but apparently do mind the US requirement? For most Canadian cruisers, I'd think that the Canadian testing requirements pose a greater difficulty than the US requirements.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Just out of curiosity, why do you not mind Canada's testing but apparently do mind the US requirement? For most Canadian cruisers, I'd think that the Canadian testing requirements pose a greater difficulty than the US requirements.

Someone has to stir the pot😁

In Cobourg , there is only place to get testing at $40 a pop, 

walmart does not do testing in Cobourg , even the closest Costco doesn’t do testing 

Hopefully by Mid April they drop all testing 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Someone has to stir the pot😁

In Cobourg , there is only place to get testing at $40 a pop, 

walmart does not do testing in Cobourg , even the closest Costco doesn’t do testing 

Hopefully by Mid April they drop all testing 

Costco in Peterborough do travel testing. I noticed when we were there last week

3 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

When go one their website to book an appointment they have no appointments available  at all 

Oh really?  I didn’t actually ask.  It was just advertised on the entry door and at the pharmacy 

Still waiting to hear what will happen when our ship docks in Amsterdam 

as Canada or the US is not on their safe 

Rules for people travelling from a country or area that is not on the safe list 

You live in this country or area

These are the rules for travelling to the Netherlands:

the safe list 

7 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I don't think they would have set up the cruising protocols, which will require the cruise lines to set up infrastructure to comply; just to drop the requirements just weeks after the first ships arrive. 

Logically, I agree 100%.  Politically, I'm just not sure. 

29 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I don't think they would have set up the cruising protocols, which will require the cruise lines to set up infrastructure to comply; just to drop the requirements just weeks after the first ships arrive. 

A lot easier to drop the protocols than have to put them in place as the cruise season gets near.  Pretty soon Canada and the US will have to reciprocate with European countries as far as air travel goes and once that federally regulated mode of travel changes, so will cruising.

Even it it were so, and I seriously doubt it will happen, cruise lines may well keep a testing requirement to board. I suspect there as least many people that will skip a ship that does not test to board as there are people that will not choose a ship that requires a pre-boarding test.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, john2003 said:

Look at the recent increase in Covid in the UK and compare vax rates with the US. I

OK.... so what conclusion(s) should I draw and how does this impact on the GoC requirement for testing prior to boarding a cruise ship?

2 hours ago, d9704011 said:

OK.... so what conclusion(s) should I draw and how does this impact on the GoC requirement for testing prior to boarding a cruise ship?

Just expect change and don't think we are now back to the old normal. My crystal ball is foggy.

5 hours ago, d9704011 said:

The conclusion I draw is that entrance testing and other mitigation may actually contribute to reducing transmission. Until we have more data it's prudent to go slow.

The other conclusion I draw is that the virus doesn't appreciate how hard it is to tolerate mask wearing and nasal swabs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2022 at 12:58 PM, d9704011 said:

A lot easier to drop the protocols than have to put them in place as the cruise season gets near.  Pretty soon Canada and the US will have to reciprocate with European countries as far as air travel goes and once that federally regulated mode of travel changes, so will cruising.

And the pennies begin to fall.  I don't expect testing to embark/disembark cruise ships to last much longer....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-government-to-drop-pre-departure-testing-1.6386763