Princess EZair has names wrong on airline tickets.

WinterCruiseLover

We are getting close to sailing on our first cruise with Princess and booked return flights through EZair.  Everything seemed to be OK but when I go to American Airlines website, I see the names on our tickets are wrong.  They have our first and middle names in the first name field for both my husband and myself.  I called American and they said I needed to have Princess correct it.  They even suggested having Princess remove the middle name because they the middle name is not necessary for the reservation.  I called Princess and after waiting for 2 hours, I was told that everything was correct on their side.  I tried to politely insist that they needed to make this correction, but was told that if I insisted on removing our middle names from the reservation, they would not be responsible if we were unable to board the ship because our names would not match our passports.  The agent I spoke with said she had been working for Princess for 15 years and had seen this before and it was never a problem.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

My name always has my First name and Middle initial under the first name. It has never been an issue.

I have flown countless times like this. I don't think you have to worry. Only my middle initial is on my passport.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

My name always has my First name and Middle initial under the first name. It has never been an issue.

I have flown countless times like this. I don't think you have to worry. Only my middle initial is on my passport.

Thanks you so much for that response!  That makes me feel so much better!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WinterCruiseLover said:

Our passport had our first name and middle names listed as first name and middle names - not combined on the first name field.

You will be fine! Mine combines my first name and middle initial on my current United tickets. And past tickets. My passport only shows my middle initial.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

The name on your airline (and cruise) ticket must agree with your passport.

Our passports correctly list our first name, middle name and surname.  The airline tickets show our first name and middle names combined in the first name area.  So first name is Kathy middle name is Lynn and shows correctly on the Princess booking, but on the airlines website, the first name is Kathylynn.  This is on the current booking and our next booking scheduled for August has the same issue.

I’ve always had the problem with EZAir since I am a Jr. in the past I would call and they added Jr. Now they say there isn’t even a place to show Jr and the airlines won’t care. Funny that they stress the name must be exact but can’t show it exact.

Ive found that Princess is also inconsistent in their own website on how they show my name

We've always had an issue with my wife's reservations.  She has a very "Southern" name where there are 2 names as in Mary Beth or Betty Sue ( neither is her name).  When combined with her maiden name plus married last name it makes for a fairly long total character count. While her drivers license and passport match, the Princess system does not have enough room in their middle name field (any surprise here?) to contain every character.  It lops off the very last character.  I always have to point this out at booking time and the agent must make a note in our reservation.  It's a pain and I have (of course) forgotten on various occasions.  I then usually just open a chat session and get it resolved.

I don't know why EZ Air formats names like this and causes so much alarm for travelers.  It seems like this would be something that the could fix on their end via programming.  You'd think their EZ Air agents would complaint about how many calls they get about this and it would get fixed.  Insanity.

Our first and middle names have always been combined on our plane tickets and have never been a problem. Did panic the first time I saw it and called and was told it would not be a problem and it never has been on many, many flights.