Live Cruising Review Symphony of the Seas 3/12/2022 - 3/19/2022 Plenty of Pictures!!!

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 6

Hooked.  I didn’t really have pictures of the restaurant so I figure why not!  It is very bright during the day as it sits above the Solarium Bistro.

7D41D995-68CF-49D7-8F31-E0FEFBFDA054.jpeg

E35FEC5F-75E1-43DA-A658-E15931CDF6B1.jpeg

115DFD5B-BB6E-465B-B469-490237E8A674.jpeg

574A4F1C-6F1E-43D6-87D6-4F2998000BF3.jpeg

19E55A46-C272-471D-B898-EFDF0EC29CCB.jpeg

E694D65E-35D0-4A30-8645-98E55086FFD2.jpeg

34535D92-D95D-4A69-AE32-0996DC22930C.jpeg

Interesting floor pattern in that last pic...............Guess they don't know what a straight line looks like?

Not the typical way to join two different floors together.

Edited by Jimbo

17 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

I will let you know.  I was invited to go back to Chops to give them another try on the last day.  I was told it’s going to be fantastic.  

There is nothing wrong with the food it’s good food, not like FineCut WOW, it’s good.  But the service has been going down hill for a while now.   Lunch on the first day was just meh … the final straw was when the server made a big circle on the tip section and told me he appreciate for anything additional.  

We were on Symphony in Oct and there were 7 of us.  We had the best waiter in Chops that we have ever had.  I think his name is Michael, but I am not sure.  He was so good that we asked on the second formal night, if we could come back the last night.  There were no reservations available, but he worked his magic and got us a table for that night.  

On the formal night, I asked about surf N turf, and he said sure and asked everyone if they wanted lobster tails in addition to the steak.  He brought 2 to each of us who wanted them.  

He also worked some magic with getting us wine we asked about and it became part of our 5 daily allowance for being D+.  I would love to have him again on Allure or Harmony which are my next 2 cruises.  We all did tip him, but he never mentioned a single word about tipping.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

We were on Symphony in Oct and there were 7 of us.  We had the best waiter in Chops that we have ever had.  I think his name is Michael, but I am not sure.  He was so good that we asked on the second formal night, if we could come back the last night.  There were no reservations available, but he worked his magic and got us a table for that night.  

On the formal night, I asked about surf N turf, and he said sure and asked everyone if they wanted lobster tails in addition to the steak.  He brought 2 to each of us who wanted them.  

He also worked some magic with getting us wine we asked about and it became part of our 5 daily allowance for being D+.  I would love to have him again on Allure or Harmony which are my next 2 cruises.  We all did tip him, but he never mentioned a single word about tipping.

I am all for extra tipping!  But please don’t ask / hint/ suggest / circle at the end when you did the bare minimum especially it’s lunch and I only asked for an extra mushroom soup 😆 

• Like 3

Just now, BennyBrun said:

I am all for extra tipping!  But please don’t ask / hint/ suggest / circle at the end when you did the bare minimum especially it’s lunch and I only asked for an extra mushroom soup 😆 

I don't think anyone should ask/hint/suggest an extra tip.  I would be tempted to not tip extra if I had that kind of service. The server already got a tip, albeit not that large, with the package.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I don't think anyone should ask/hint/suggest an extra tip.  I would be tempted to not tip extra if I had that kind of service. The server already got a tip, albeit not that large, with the package.

I agree with you 100%.

59 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Mr Green Bathing Suit because he had the luck of the Irish today.  They should have had the guys flop off a chair or table to give them a little extra height.

You are correct!  The skinny young dude came in second.  It actually hurts.  He went in all white but when he came out he was pink on the front!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, masim17 said:

Have they had the bread puddings with the vanilla sauce?

2 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

There’s a different type of bread pudding pretty much every other day!

Oh yum, I'll take that over pineapple and raisin rice any day of the week! 😂

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

You are correct!  The skinny young dude came in second.  It actually hurts.  He went in all white but when he came out he was pink on the front!

Nothing that the Beverage package couldn't cure.

• Haha 3