Our cruise disappeared from the RCI website

1 minute ago, dcgrumpy said:

ITA

I've never heard of paying an agency. I'm not saying they don't exist. But every agency that I've ever dealt with makes the payment directly to the vendor. So the guest would see the payment to RCCL on their cc statement. 

TA dropped the ball though if they didn't keep on top of the balance due on this reservation.  No one should assume a cruise is paid off until they see an invoice with a zero balance due.

36 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

TA dropped the ball though if they didn't keep on top of the balance due on this reservation.  No one should assume a cruise is paid off until they see an invoice with a zero balance due.

not necessarily. I had an invoice with $0 owed before the cruise, but I noticed that when I logged in, the "pay the balance" link was active. That was the only indication of something wrong. When I clicked on it, I was offered to pay about $400 more for an already fully paid off cruise. It took several days for RCI to correct it and, thankfully, I noticed it right before the final payment was due.

1 hour ago, dcgrumpy said:

ITA

I've never heard of paying an agency. I'm not saying they don't exist. But every agency that I've ever dealt with makes the payment directly to the vendor. So the guest would see the payment to RCCL on their cc statemen

I agree that the vast majority do exactly that and pay directly and issue a revised booking confirmation both from the agency and the cruise line. And as indicated that has been our experience as well.  But unfortunately there are some who request payment to them and then pay from their account for booking payments.  

There are, and there have been reports here on CC about some of those not making the payment to the cruise line or not making them in time.

A few times, one of those TAs went out of business after collecting a lot of fares and not having paid the cruise line.