Discount for past guests

MountainEER74

It used to be that you got a discount (-$100) for a fixed time after the new cruises were released.

After this set time you would no longer get the discount.

If the cruise you were looking at has been on sale for some time perhaps it is past the discount time period or Princess no longer offers the discount.

I got a similar one a few weeks ago telling me that the new pricing was about $120 less.  My original PVP is no longer available and it took until today for someone to look into it for me.  Have a new PVP so waiting to see if Princess is going to honour this lower price.  I think if they are telling me there is a better deal, just change it and don't make me call and beg for it!

The past discount is mysterious. When looking online at prices I sometimes see a difference when I'm logged in (past guest) vs not logged in. Recently our fare for a booked trip dropped. I called our cvp to get the new, lower fare. Got it plus an additional $100 off for being past guests. I just accept sometimes we get discount, sometimes not. 🤷‍♀️

Thanks for all of the replies. I still see Captain's Circle Launch Savings in the list of perks for Gold and above membership. I don't  know if I received a discount on my cruise we were on last week. I always make sure I'm logged in before booking and didn't look at the fare while not logged in. 

6 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Cruise pricing is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.

This is so true. Sometimes prices for those who have never sailed with Princess are offered better prices than those who have sailed with them many times. Other times the reverse is true.

In USA there is often the option of re faring if you see a lower price…not possible in UK- one of my pet peeves that T&Cs vary ! (Sorry to go off topic.)