Anyone completed Ecstasy out of Mobile?

JasperCruiser

Just got off the ship today from her second voyage. They are still working out the kinks but everyday is getting better. New crew and a ship that has not had passengers for two years can make a fun learning curve. That being said we had a good time and a memorable trip. I will be working on a trip report over the next couple of days to give more details. 

• Like 2

We will be interested as well. If we are going by some of the reports on the FB groups we would certainly be discouraged. Our cruise is March 24th

"Worst cruise ever", "What a rust bucket!", "Food was horrible", etc. etc. etc.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dadofsix said:

Just got off the ship today from her second voyage. They are still working out the kinks but everyday is getting better. New crew and a ship that has not had passengers for two years can make a fun learning curve. That being said we had a good time and a memorable trip. I will be working on a trip report over the next couple of days to give more details. 

Please post a link to your trip report here.  I am taking my DDs on a May 28 cruise.  Would love to hear about embarkation (never been to Mobile), MDR food and service and the kinks.  We will have a great time regardless, just good to be prepared.  TIA!

• Like 1

I will be interested in your comments. However, my expectations will not be that high. I sailed the Fantasy many times out of Mobile. The lower end ships are an economy class line. When you pay $335 for a 5 day cruise, if the boat doesn't sink you are happy. On my last cruise even the comedians joked about Carnival and Walmart. I was a little surprised but one comedian stated that Carnival did not put restrictions on their comedy. That is why he liked working Carnival ships.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stormgrey11 said:

We will be interested as well. If we are going by some of the reports on the FB groups we would certainly be discouraged. Our cruise is March 24th

"Worst cruise ever", "What a rust bucket!", "Food was horrible", etc. etc. etc.

If you post a review, please post a link here.  TIA!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JasperCruiser said:

We leave out of Mobile next week and I was wondering how smooth things have been going since Ecstasy arrived. I know she an old ship but we’re determined to have a good time and get back to cruising.

Hey OP!  Please post a link to your review, if you do one.  More info, the better!  TIA!

• Like 2

I was on the first sailing out. I'm not gonna lie, the first couple days were pretty bad (in the dining room anyway). 2-3 hours total with it taking up to an hour to even get bread. People were getting pretty upset. But, like said above, this was a new crew on a ship that hadn't sailed for 2 years. The crew didn't board until 2 days before we did and had to get their rhythm. After a couple days things started getting better and continued to improve each day. They also haven't maintained non-mechanical things like paint, etc.

So, I'd say go in with expectations that things may not be perfect and you will have a good time. I'd sail her again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have never sailed the Ecstasy (have done the sister ship Elation), but she seems to be a legend for Carnival fans.  She may be in rough shape, but I bet Carnival is giving folks a chance to check her off their bucket list before she is removed from the fleet this October.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Top_of_the_Cube said:

I have never sailed the Ecstasy (have done the sister ship Elation), but she seems to be a legend for Carnival fans.  She may be in rough shape, but I bet Carnival is giving folks a chance to check her off their bucket list before she is removed from the fleet this October.

It is nice that Carnival is giving Ecstasy a proper goodbye. It's a shame that Fantasy never got that.

• Like 3