Tender tickets

How do you acquire tender tickets. Going on Navigator in June and we will be tendered for Catalina stop.  At one point I thought you could get the tickets in diamond lounge pre-Covid. Is this still ok.  Thank you

33 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I don't know. Good question. Tenders are in Cabo too. It has been such a long time since we have sailed from the west coast, that I have no idea. 

It took me a while to find screen name. Maybe @bonsai3s can tell us about tender tickets on Navigator. They have been onboard a lot. Thanks. :classic_biggrin:

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

We had Belize as a tender port jan 30 but I didnt get off the ship. Now things are better. Didnt know you could get tender tickets in the diamond lounge. I'll be back to Belize in a couple weeks. I'll keep it in mind.

You used to be able to get them from the concierge. They are #1 tender tickets, which means you can just walk past everyone in line and board. Which annoys people like crazy, so we have never done it. We have gotten them, just never used them. Usually by the time we get up, they don't require tickets anymore, anyway. :classic_biggrin:

We've been to Belize 3 times, and we never have gone off for that long tender ride. Keep thinking we will, just haven't. :classic_smile: My balance is not that great for tender transfers anymore. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

On my January Navigator cruise the tender tickets were given to us the night before arriving into Cabo in the SL. I believe the DL concierge gave them out also. Otherwise since we didn't arrive into Cabo until 12:30pm everyone else could just send one member of your group to get them in the Star lounge arrival morning. Getting off was very easy...no crowds or wait time at all....no one seemed to really be checking your tender number.

29 minutes ago, Ashland said:

On my January Navigator cruise the tender tickets were given to us the night before arriving into Cabo in the SL. I believe the DL concierge gave them out also. Otherwise since we didn't arrive into Cabo until 12:30pm everyone else could just send one member of your group to get them in the Star lounge arrival morning. Getting off was very easy...no crowds or wait time at all....no one seemed to really be checking your tender number.

Thanks Ashland! I should have thought of you too! :classic_biggrin: Yep. Cabo 12:30. The OP was wondering about Catalina, but they used to use those huge tenders, and I don't remember ever getting tickets for those. They were like little ferries. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

It took me a while to find screen name. Maybe @bonsai3s can tell us about tender tickets on Navigator. They have been onboard a lot. Thanks. :classic_biggrin:

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

:classic_smile: Good morning...currently on the Symphony 

* Navigator, tendering in Cabo and Catalina. Concierge (DL & suites) offered tickets in advance. We declined.

* Large local tenders were used in Cabo and Catalina.

* Tendering itself was very quick, but add the wait to fill-up the tenders...approx. total tendering time was 45 minutes.

* We had late arrivals in Cabo...12:30 pm to as late as 2pm.

Happy sailing CoralC!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Coralc said:

Thanks Ashland! I should have thought of you too! :classic_biggrin: Yep. Cabo 12:30. The OP was wondering about Catalina, but they used to use those huge tenders, and I don't remember ever getting tickets for those. They were like little ferries. :classic_smile:

We were on Navigator the week before Ashland, no tender ticket needed for Catalina.  Only 600 passengers and they were running two tenders all day. 

• Thanks 1

Ashland, Coralc, Taglovestocruise...we are thankful for all of your helpful advice. Just wanted for you to know we (and a lot of other people), appreciate it.  We can only hope to return the favor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Ashland, Coralc, Taglovestocruise...we are thankful for all of your helpful advice. Just wanted for you to know we (and a lot of other people), appreciate it.  We can only hope to return the favor.

You gave us some great capacity info on your cruises on Navigator before we boarded...A big thank you to you for that !! Having only 1100 onboard was amazing.

Getting onboard Explorer this coming weekend for a B2B and it'll be interesting to see the capacity there.

• Like 1