Enchanted Princess Cancelations

NavArch64

VOYAGE CANCELLATION - ENCHANTED PRINCESS
Please be advised that due to commercial considerations related to this ship's full season of Baltic cruises coupled with stronger demand for cruising from the UK, we have made the difficult decision to cancel your upcoming voyage on Enchanted Princess.

You have the options of receiving a Future Cruise Credit of 100% of the amount paid to Princess or requesting a full refund of all monies paid. To advise us of your choice and see full details, please visit https://www.princess.com/pcl/ by April 15, 2022, after which any undecided bookings will receive the 100% Future Cruise Credit option. For more details, and more information regarding your options, please visit https://*****/3CJelcb.

We apologize for any disappointment this may cause and look forward to welcoming you on board a future Princess cruise.

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Unless Princess is giving like 125% in FCC

They most certainly are not! We heard that a refund could take up to 60 days! What if we want to book another cruise for early May (only 6 weeks away!)? We either have to just pay for the new cruise and wait for the refund or choose the FCC and wait until they get around to processing this. Very frustrating!

23 hours ago, guy44134 said:

They most certainly are not! We heard that a refund could take up to 60 days! What if we want to book another cruise for early May (only 6 weeks away!)? We either have to just pay for the new cruise and wait for the refund or choose the FCC and wait until they get around to processing this. Very frustrating!

So here is an idea. Suppose one goes ahead and books a close-in cruise and pays with a credit card. When the credit card bill is received, the charge is disputed as 'this was supposed to be credited out by Princess due to a canceled cruise.'  In the end might end up having to pay for it until credit does come through but in the meantime, can postpone the payment without incurring any interest penalty.  If nothing else, wonder if this might speed up the credit processing.

We were also impacted with the abrupt cancellation of our Enchanted Princess cruise. The Princess

offer of 100% credit of course is ridiculous.  It even is (I believe) capped for one year. I think Diane.in.ny

is correct that the best way to play this is the cc dispute which we have done for other cancelled cruises.  I think many of us (based on many posts I have read) are very sympathetic to the cruise lines as I can be especially when circumstances are out of their control and they make a good faith effort to support their customers. That said the Princess decision to redeploy to England and the way it left their customers in the lurch is not really defensible.

We have about $2000 tied up with Princess for our 8/22 voyage and am not inclined to wait for them to kindly refund our money in 60-90 days. They seem very efficient at initiating charges immediately but seem unable to process refunds efficiently. JMHO

• Like 3

We cancelled and switched to the first New England Canada cruise after she returns from the UK,  about three weeks ago.  Then yesterday we gave up our air and booked to NYC instead, while banking miles originally used for our return. 
Maybe be next year.  

Excited as one of the Window Suites was available.  So that is great.    I  Am  thinking this cruise may actually happen. 

Best  of luck to others.

For canceled June 17 on Enchanted ... notified Princess immediately on Tuesday morning of request for refund ... received $800 credit on my AMEX card yesterday, Thursday, 2 days later. Very impressed with Princess on this one.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 11:27 AM, NavArch64 said:

Now, on the other hand, had $2250 paid on IAD-CPH-IAD. No help from Princess at all ... on my own to figure it out. Not so good.

Did you book those flights on your own? We did Princess EZAir, so hopefully we will not have difficulty getting that refunded.

By the way, we did book a Mediterranean cruise for May and Princess extended final payment until April 8. We're hoping the FCC comes through by then, because I really don't want to pay another dime to Princess at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NavArch64 said:

Flights booked on my own ... not a good choice as it turned out. One never knows.

To ease your mind a little.  I have spent the last two years making and cancelling air reservations with various airlines.  In all cases, they have given me a credit for the amount paid to be used on a future flight.  The only problem you might have is that the credit is only good for one year from the date you made the reservation.  However, you can get around this by booking any flight within the year for a lesser amount and they will extend the remaining credit for a year from that date.

Wow!  Less than a week and I have my deposits back to my credit card for my Enchanted and Majestic cancellations.  Fastest ever, which is a surprise. 

I'm going to book the 7 day cruise prior to the Sept. 2nd Transatlantic as soon as it's available.

We rebooked Enchantment for 14d May 13, 2023. Maybe the world will be in a better place. This time I will book EZAIR just in case. I am asking Princess to offer some nominal compensation for IAD-CPH-IAD tickets which will expire in July 2022. We shall see.

On 3/24/2022 at 5:03 PM, guy44134 said:

Anyone else get their refund or FCC processed? Still waiting for ours for the May 15 booking. 

We were on 8/22 Enchanted. Since we had not paid our CC for the recently booked Berlin excursion we disputed this. I was amazed (giving the devil his due) that Princess credited this tour along with our deposit within two weeks (as we know they made us fill out a form requesting return of funds-otherwise a time limited FCC of 100 % so not sure they had our best interests in mind). We have not received a refund for SPB excursion (0ver 1000) and since they cancelled this port some time ago I am not pleased with the hold up.

On 3/16/2022 at 5:09 PM, guy44134 said:

Why don't you just put the replacement cruise on hold and have them transfer the credit? They (PVPs & 1800Princess) can do it while you wait on the phone. This isn't March 2020. 

On 3/18/2022 at 5:32 AM, chisoxfan said:

The Princess

offer of 100% credit of course is ridiculous.  It even is (I believe) capped for one year.

Yes but isn't it the refundable FCC? FCCs with cash value (not the extra goodwill category) can be cashed out. 

Personally nonstop ezair airfare went up only $216.90 so I lucked out. (Switch from CPH to LHR)

Edited by Ombud

22 hours ago, Ombud said:

Why don't you just put the replacement cruise on hold and have them transfer the credit? They (PVPs & 1800Princess) can do it while you wait on the phone. This isn't March 2020. 

Yes but isn't it the refundable FCC? FCCs with cash value (not the extra goodwill category) can be cashed out. 

Personally nonstop ezair airfare went up only $216.90 so I lucked out. (Switch from CPH to LHR)

I guess my question is (whether a time limit exists or not on FCC and I believe there is a stated date for use) why would anyone take this credit in place of cash?  Also a bit surprised on your 'lucky break' with 'only'  a 216 dollar air increase. Princess should offer to take care of this IMHO. Also LHR is generally a more common and lower cost air hub than CPH. Anyway I remain upset at the way Princess has handled this itinerary change.

On 3/26/2022 at 10:18 AM, Ombud said:

Easier said than done for Princess, obviously. We did just that, booked a new cruise and asked them to apply the value of our FCC to the new one. It's been two weeks and we're still waiting. We even waited for hours on hold to talk to whatever the department is called that is supposed to expedite things, and they could not do it either. We called Princess today and they said essentially, they're still working on things-be patient! Amazing how easy it is to take our money, but it takes weeks to refund it after the cruise line itself canceled the cruise. Our new cruise is 5 weeks away now, but I refuse to give Princess another dime of my money to confirm this new booking when then have several thousand of my dollars! We are becoming more disenchanted with Princess by the day!

40 minutes ago, guy44134 said:

Easier said than done for Princess, obviously

Wow sorry you're lost in the weeds. My PVP can do it. My cruise was already done now just waiting for it to be refared / rebooked and flights to be "lifted & shifted." Hope my new PVP knows what that is

Friends had their cash refunded yesterday 

Edited by Ombud