News regarding Pride of America

4 cruisers

Just now, 4 cruisers said:

I just received this email!

AD6799AF-53B5-490C-8068-5FF05C66E2DD.png

Mixed feelings here!  Less passengers on board but for many, the lack of a “sit down” dining room for breakfast and lunch will be a disappointment.  

Just so she sails!!🥳🙏🥂🌺🌺

• Like 1

While our POA sailing is not until next March, I have mixed feelings too.

Very happy that the POA is finally back at sea; however, taking away a lot of dining options (and our favorite, Teppanyaki too) will bother me if this holds unto next year.

1 minute ago, vacation44 said:

While our POA sailing is not until next March, I have mixed feelings too.

Very happy that the POA is finally back at sea; however, taking away a lot of dining options (and our favorite, Teppanyaki too) will bother me if this holds unto next year.

I bet you will be fine by next year!  I guess I will make a reservation here at home for Teppanyaki before we go🤗

3 minutes ago, 4 cruisers said:

I bet you will be fine by next year!  I guess I will make a reservation here at home for Teppanyaki before we go🤗

One never knows with NCL!   But, when the time comes, I know I will be just very excited for our sailing as I know you are.

• Like 1

It's good to see move evidence that she is really going to resume sailing.  I've been monitoring POA status, as we're planning to soon book a May sailing.  There are a LOT of empty cabins right now.  Also, the cost of tickets on my preferred airline has almost doubled since we booked flights.  It's like HI opened up and said "come on back, we're open!" and very few are taking the invite (for now).

• Like 1

Thanks to the OP for sharing. This is very good news for those booked on POA in the near future as at least it appears she is FINALLY going to sail with passengers!

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It's like HI opened up and said "come on back, we're open!" and very few are taking the invite (for now).

Very few are taking the cruise invite, but overall occupancy here in Hawaii is nearing 2019 pre-pandemic levels according to the news last night.

• Like 2

I also received this comm this morning. It is not the end of the world, and I think "most" will survive without the Teppanayiki and the Churrascaria, and I was looking forward to the Churrascaria, but I think we are going to manage just fine without it. There are PLENTY of other dining options available, although as someone pointed out, if your looking for "sit down" it might sound a bit limited, but keep in mind, the ship will be sailing at reduced capacity for the 1st few cruises, so it "should" not be an issue.

After all, this is Hawaii, I would imagine most are looking for that quick meal and out, to enjoy the islands, that is after all why we are on this cruise...right?? But alas I can't speak for everyone and someone is going to always say, well “no I'm on it just for the cruise” ok fine,  then you should have plenty of space to sit down and enjoy all the time needed to enjoy your meal after the majority of people leave to go ashore! 🙂 

4 hours ago, 4 cruisers said:

Mixed feelings here!  Less passengers on board but for many, the lack of a “sit down” dining room for breakfast and lunch will be a disappointment.  

Just so she sails!!🥳🙏🥂🌺🌺

The Aloha cafe does not have seating?

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Thanks to the OP for sharing. This is very good news for those booked on POA in the near future as at least it appears she is FINALLY going to sail with passengers!

Very few are taking the cruise invite, but overall occupancy here in Hawaii is nearing 2019 pre-pandemic levels according to the news last night.

That’s interesting.  I wonder if the CDC warning reduction might prompt some increased cruise bookings.  We only understand what “enthusiasts” are thinking here on the forum, not the masses. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

That’s interesting.  I wonder if the CDC warning reduction might prompt some increased cruise bookings.  We only understand what “enthusiasts” are thinking here on the forum, not the masses. 

Unfortunately, it is my firm believe that a significant portion of the masses now associate cruising with 'petri dishes' mentality and I believe this is a large part of why cruising is coming back much slower than other travel sectors. The CDC lowering warnings may help bring some back, but I sadly think it could be years before the cruise industry rebounds to pre-pandemic levels. They have been beaten by main stream media. Beaten by the CDC. Now they are getting hammered with significant inflation. Triple punch.

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Unfortunately, it is my firm believe that a significant portion of the masses now associate cruising with 'petri dishes' mentality and I believe this is a large part of why cruising is coming back much slower than other travel sectors. The CDC lowering warnings may help bring some back, but I sadly think it could be years before the cruise industry rebounds to pre-pandemic levels. They have been beaten by main stream media. Beaten by the CDC. Now they are getting hammered with significant inflation. Triple punch.

Scary economy, for sure.💙. Honestly, cruising is still more bang for your buck….I really realize it more than ever after pricing a “back up plan” for Hawaii should our cruise be cancelled again!! Had to use the air!  Still hopeful about PofA April 23rd!😎😎🇺🇸

6 hours ago, bluesea777 said:
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, 4 cruisers said:

. Honestly, cruising is still more bang for your buck….I really realize it more than ever after pricing a “back up plan” for Hawaii should our cruise be cancelled again!! Had to use the air!  Still hopeful about PofA April 23rd!😎😎🇺🇸

Cruising is certainly a great bang for the buck for Hawaii. I seriously could have done a world cruise for cheaper than the 4 months I stayed last year, and this year is significantly more expensive. I long for the days when I could pick up a gallon of milk for $7.00 lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sugar0802 said:

We were booked on the POA for February and we got the same letter a few weeks before they cancelled our trip.  I don't think this letter guarantees she's sailing.

Well she is almost to Honolulu so that's a good sign.

I wonder if suite passengers will still be able to eat breakfast and lunch at Cagney's.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, amyh13 said:

Well she is almost to Honolulu so that's a good sign.

I wonder if suite passengers will still be able to eat breakfast and lunch at Cagney's.

I am assuming that will be so....but I am anxiously awaiting the results of the first cruise!  Since Covid, we are not into serve yourself buffets anymore.  One of the reasons we book a suite is to have the breakfast and lunch in Cagney's.  

• Like 1