Does Carnival do a TransPacific

Eli_6

Back in 2010 we on the Spirit when it repositioned from doing the Alaska itenerary to Hawaii, and then from Hawaii it went to Australia.  We were only on the leg from Vancouver, BC to Hawaii, but there was a huge percentage of people from Australia who did all 3 legs. What a great trip if you have the time.

Since it's been many years and the Pandemic, I'm not sure if they still do it that way, but great question.  Hopefully someone will come along who will know.   

I was just looking at some of these myself. Saw a whole bunch of deals on Carnival sister company Princess. Some fantastic rates too. With Carnival you'd need to catch a repositioning cruise. Princess may yield more of what you're looking for. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, csm5986142 said:

Back in 2010 we on the Spirit when it repositioned from doing the Alaska itenerary to Hawaii, and then from Hawaii it went to Australia.  We were only on the leg from Vancouver, BC to Hawaii, but there was a huge percentage of people from Australia who did all 3 legs. What a great trip if you have the time.

Since it's been many years and the Pandemic, I'm not sure if they still do it that way, but great question.  Hopefully someone will come along who will know.   

It was 2012, and I started in Seattle and did all 3 legs. In 2014, I took the Legend from Long Beach to Sydney. And then in 2019, I was on the Splendor from Long Beach to Singapore. All were pre Covid, but hopefully some of the ships going back to Australia will do a TP.

Take it for what it is worth but John Heald, when he announced the Splendor would head back to Australia after Alaska, made a passing comment in a post that there would be a repositioning cruise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

I just noticed this cruise is now available - 23 day Transpacific (Seattle/Hawaii/Australia) departing Sept. 6th.

Yes, I got this premier offer earlier today. , and put a balcony onhold. I only have to pay the port fees, and taxes. There is a nonrefundable deposit, but it is given back as obc. Also, $2000.00 in fun play, and  free drinks!

Just now, urbanhawk said:

Yes, I got this premier offer earlier today. , and put a balcony onhold. I only have to pay the port fees, and taxes. There is a nonrefundable deposit, but it is given back as obc. Also, $2000.00 in fun play, and  free drinks!

I'm so jealous... 🙂 I can't be away from home/work that long at this point in my life.  Enjoy - it looks amazing!

Eli_6, we were lucky enough to travel on the Spirit's 2012 transpacific cruise, with an additional 10 days spent in Hawaii and Australia! If you or anyone would like to see our "album" of the trip I'll have a link below. Please feel free to disregard the corny personal pix and see what experiences come with this sailing (like the court judging all of us pollywogs as we crossed the equator, or the all night party as we crossed the international dateline--went to sleep on Tuesday and woke up Thursday, etc.) .

2012 TRANSPACIFIC CRUISE

• Like 1

2 hours ago, urbanhawk said:

we got that offer and have a lido balcony on hold.  Trying to decide if it’s worth cancelling three cruises to go on this one.  But Hawaii and Fiji are really tempting.  And being away from home and work for a month will be a challenge.  We shall see.  Looked at airfare and it’s expensive but doable.  Decisions, decisions.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lazydayz said:

we got that offer and have a lido balcony on hold.  Trying to decide if it’s worth cancelling three cruises to go on this one.  But Hawaii and Fiji are really tempting.  And being away from home and work for a month will be a challenge.  We shall see.  Looked at airfare and it’s expensive but doable.  Decisions, decisions.  

Yeah, I hear you. . ..being away that long would not be an issue, but air fares to Seattle, and back to U.S. from Oz,  as well as  lodging/meals, sight seeing, all add up. I may have to come out of retirement, to earn   some travel $$$$! (Maybe we will be "neighbors", as I booked a lido balcony, as well!!)