Non-alcoholic beer

GAPaige

Does anyone know if my husband can bring non-alcoholic beer with him?  Is it considered a non-alcoholic beverage (allowed) or beer (not allowed)?  He would be thrilled to be able to purchase non-alcoholic beer onboard, but the only one Carnival offers is Buckler, which is .5% alcohol and not something he can do.  There are several 0% varieties and that's what he would like to take with him to enjoy during our cruise.

Carnival offers Heineken Zero, but they were having supply issues with it when we sailed on the Horizon in February.  It was not available, and a bartender informed us that it had been this way for over a month.  I highly doubt they would allow the non-alcoholic beers to be brought onboard, although there's really no reason to not allow it. 

• Like 1

I don't think you can.  Most likely would depend upon the tolerance at security at check in.

Cans could get through.  I'm assuming he's thinking about beers like Athletic, BrewDog or Wellbeing not Sharps or Busch.  However, I wouldn't try to bring more than a six pack.  

2 hours ago, famof4togo said:

Not speaking from personal experience but when asked previously on this forum it was advised that you could NOT bring non-alcoholic beer on ship with you.  

The problem is that it is not prohibited in their policies. I don't see it as a problem and would just go for it AND bring a copy of their own policy along with me in case it was a issue. Simply/calmly ask to speak to a supervisor, explain the situation, present policy (in writing) and it should be allowed. It's basically the same as water/soda/bubble water and should not be treated any differently. 

• Non-alcoholic beverages in containers other than a can or carton; excessive quantities per person (over 12 cans/cartons per person); excessive size per can/carton (over 12 ounces each)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, famof4togo said:

It'll likely be hit or miss based on who you get checked by.....

That's kind of what I'm thinking too.

If we knew the Heineken 0% would be available on board, it would be much easier just to buy that (and not lug around heavy cans at embarkation).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

The problem is that it is not prohibited in their policies. I don't see it as a problem and would just go for it AND bring a copy of their own policy along with me in case it was a issue. Simply/calmly ask to speak to a supervisor, explain the situation, present policy (in writing) and it should be allowed. It's basically the same as water/soda/bubble water and should not be treated any differently. 

• Non-alcoholic beverages in containers other than a can or carton; excessive quantities per person (over 12 cans/cartons per person); excessive size per can/carton (over 12 ounces each)

Totally agree!  It is pretty much just beer flavored soda! 🤷‍♀️

11 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Buckler went away a few years back, as other posters have said, Heiniken .00 is sold on board now.

If wanted, there are also FOB mtgs on ships as well.

Thank you.  He does know, but it's been a while, so thanks for the reminder.  Cruises definitely are a place where a meeting can be a life saver.

1 hour ago, GAPaige said:

Thank you.  He does know, but it's been a while, so thanks for the reminder.  Cruises definitely are a place where a meeting can be a life saver.

Carnival ships also have FOJimmy mtgs, which can be an alternative if no one attends a FOB or someone can't make the time of their preferred mtg. The distinction is blurred due to the vacation circumstances.

38 years 2 days ago.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, evandbob said:

38 years 2 days ago.

I don't know you, but I am so proud of and happy for you. Watching someone dig deep to save themselves is a beautiful and humbling thing.

• Like 1