B2B lunch still offered?

Robjame

Pre-Covid, passengers staying on board in Miami for a b2b (or whatever you want to call it) were offered late disembarkation, early embarkation and a special meal hosted in Jacques. This lunch, a limited 2-choice per course, was the best we have ever had including any of the specialty dining venue. The menu choices were unique as well.

I suspect it was done to alleviate some of the congestion in Terrace and the suites.

Is this still done? We have upcoming B2B’s so we sure hope so.

Last time I was on a multiple segment cruise(and it's been since fall of 19) we had lunch in the GDR, only for people previously onboard. I was on one of these when a guy just boarding brought a friend in and wanted to eat there. The hostess explained he couldn't(they had a list) but he insisted on sitting down. Maybe he thought a waiter would wait on him. They completely ignored him. Glad they held firm, but he's probably one of those that talks about poor service, because he didn't get his way. He eventually left. 

I've been on multiple cruises that continued on from the previous one, but I've never had lunch in a Specialty venue. Sounds great. 

• Like 1

We got a formal invitation the night before at our cabin. Some chose to spend the day in Miami so did not go. For us It was fantastic as our short time in Miami was spent going to Total Wine to restock and then back onboard for this special meal.

• Like 2

I'm sure this is port/country dependent but are you required to be completely off the ship for a period of time or are you allowed to stay on for the duration?  We're finally retired and able to do a B2B in 2023 so not sure what to expect.  We'll do our B2B in Southampton.

33 minutes ago, PirateShark said:

I'm sure this is port/country dependent but are you required to be completely off the ship for a period of time or are you allowed to stay on for the duration?  We're finally retired and able to do a B2B in 2023 so not sure what to expect.  We'll do our B2B in Southampton.

US ports you need to get off until the ship is Zeroed

other Countries it varies

• Like 3

We attended one B2B luncheon in 2018, was off on an excursion for the next one.  In 2019 we did get an invitation, but again we were off the ship.  In 2021 we did a B2B2B, and those luncheons were not offered.  I'm hoping it was a COVID thing, and not that they have stopped forever.  We REALLY enjoyed the lunch we had in 2018.  Robjame has encouraged me to look through that cruise file to see if I saved the menu.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

So on my 20 day  Miami to Miami  to Miami I must leave the ship and re board later that day?

YES

They will give you instructions a few days before the end of the 1st segment

If you do not want to go into Miami then  they take you out one door & back in the front door

You wait  up in the sign in area until the ship is cleared  then you are allowed back on

Usually about 1 hr +

We had to disembark to zero out last November in San Juan.  There were 4 people that didn't think this should apply to them, and kept 500 people waiting in the hall for an hour until they were found.  You should have have heard the boo-ing when they finally showed up. Twas impressive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Robjame said:

Pre-Covid, passengers staying on board in Miami for a b2b (or whatever you want to call it) were offered late disembarkation, early embarkation and a special meal hosted in Jacques. This lunch, a limited 2-choice per course, was the best we have ever had including any of the specialty dining venue. The menu choices were unique as well.

I suspect it was done to alleviate some of the congestion in Terrace and the suites.

Is this still done? We have upcoming B2B’s so we sure hope so.

No, this is not still done.  We were on the Riviera a few weeks ago.

5 hours ago, Robjame said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c51cdfe10a7ba80f66ce3f00f2fbf3aa.jpeg

I would have loved to have been offered that on our Miami B2B.  I've got a B2B coming up with Venice, opps Trieste , as the turnover city.  I probably will be off the ship for the day, but might not if I can get that. 

• Like 1

Things do change, especially when a pandemic hits the scene.

It's been several years since we did a B2B (on Marina, I think) and we did have the private lunch for continuing passengers in the GDR.   Perhaps there were too many of us to fit in one of the specialty restaurants???

It was delightful.  Much better than having to leave the ship and then come back!  For the record, we were in a European port (don't ask me which one, though).

Mura