Brief Review of 3/12/2022 Reflection

killsport

2 hours ago, wiblondie said:

Thanks for the info. If you could post a few dailies, I would appreciate it just to get a feel for activities, etc.  

I've attached a combined PDF of:

Saturday (boarding)

Sunday (supposed to be Bimini, but the daily is from AFTER they changed to at-sea)

Monday (planned at sea)

Tuesday (Jamaica)

PDFsam_merge-compressed.pdf

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cruzmama said:

Thanks so much for posting the activities.  Any favorite shows or games?

Games - We enjoyed trivia. The Battle of the Sexes was fun (I got convinced to be the leader of the losers). Yes / No was very good (one guy made it within 10 seconds of finishing before flaming out).

As far as shows ... (I am NOT A FAN OF SHOWS, much to my wife's dismay)... However, the comedy (Dan Grueter) was good, and the Company Men was excellent (really talented). We didn't attend, but heard from others that Euphoria was good. The other shows... were not up to my wife's standards.

Thanks for the helpful info. We sail on Reflection this coming Saturday and appreciate the timeliness of this thread. Is there a way you could tell the ships occupancy before you boarded or did you figure it our once on board? Overall, was having a low occupancy a plus?

Thanks again for the thread. 

45 minutes ago, Los_Pepes said:

Is there a way you could tell the ships occupancy before you boarded or did you figure it our once on board? Overall, was having a low occupancy a plus?

We found out the actual count by asking at the Captain's Club event. We "knew" it was going to be low when we boarded as there were ton's of cabins showing as available a few days ahead of sailing.

The plus of having a low passenger count was spacing and availability. In Blu, there were tables often spacing us apart (not always). The buffet was never elbow-to-elbow. You could easily get a seat at the Martini bar.

The downside... the "vibe" wasn't as active as a full cruise. I'll definitely take low occupancy over lines everywhere! It didn't, however, stop some chair hogs from clipping their towels and walking away FOR HOURS!!!

• Like 3

Recently sailed on the Apex doing a few B2B and the bourbon and wine selections got less and less for each cruise.  

The problem apparently is the supply/delivery issue.   They have it ordered but can’t get it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

1 hour ago, miched said:

Recently sailed on the Apex doing a few B2B and the bourbon and wine selections got less and less for each cruise.  

The problem apparently is the supply/delivery issue.   They have it ordered but can’t get it.  

That would be my story too even if I wasn't ordering it cut costs.  

We didn’t have any issues with the wine on our Reflection sailing so maybe they just didn’t get their order? My husband drinks Woodford and it was hard to find and we were told that it was because they didn’t get their order……but they did have Buffalo Trace, which we have never seen on the ship so he was happy about that. As far as water, I was glad to have the premium package because I had no desire to drink out of a can. Evian was offered on both small and large bottles so it was convenient. I always got a small bottle at the martini bar and when by the pool I poured it into my personal bottle so I didn’t have to worry about breaking the glass. Celebrity has never offered hard seltzer’s, so that wasn’t “missing”. They also haven’t ever offered many ciders. To be honest, I haven’t ever seen coconut water either 

We are on the Reflection and Cattier wasn’t available on the 1st cruise but they got it for the next cruise.  On the 1st cruise they got 4 bottles of  Caymus, we got the last one the. For the 2nd leg they only got 2.   It was a similar situation on the Edge for that B2B.  Cattier available at most places on the 1st leg.  No Cattier supplied.  There were still a few bottles at 1 bar and which lasted just a couple of days.

When you think about it not much different than going to the grocery or liquor store at home; some things are not available or in limited supply.

On 3/21/2022 at 3:54 PM, floralscent said:

Can you share what your testing experience was like pre-cruise? Did you do a Walgreens rapid NAAT at the drive thru or what type of test did you do? We will be going on our first cruise in 3 years and leaving out of Canada in April and this testing part is overwhelming to me. 

We did the at home test purchased through the Celebrity website.  Piece of cake and done from the comfort of my kitchen table.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2022 at 8:09 PM, Purplsmurf said:

We didn’t have any issues with the wine on our Reflection sailing so maybe they just didn’t get their order? My husband drinks Woodford and it was hard to find and we were told that it was because they didn’t get their order……but they did have Buffalo Trace, which we have never seen on the ship so he was happy about that. As far as water, I was glad to have the premium package because I had no desire to drink out of a can. Evian was offered on both small and large bottles so it was convenient. I always got a small bottle at the martini bar and when by the pool I poured it into my personal bottle so I didn’t have to worry about breaking the glass. Celebrity has never offered hard seltzer’s, so that wasn’t “missing”. They also haven’t ever offered many ciders. To be honest, I haven’t ever seen coconut water either 

In cellar masters, Celebrity used to have at least 4-6 different ciders. They also used to have pages of special beers (some at upcharge). See post Cellar master menu - summit 8/18 - Celebrity Cruises - Cruise Critic Community to refresh your memory.

Coconut water used to be at the pool bar and the spa.

I had hard seltzers on Royal a few months ago... I *thought* that Celebrity used to have them at the pool bar and at Mast Grill, but I might be mistaken on that one.

As they roll to a more "all included" approach, they have very little incentive to provide the pricier items. 

1 hour ago, killsport said:

In cellar masters, Celebrity used to have at least 4-6 different ciders. They also used to have pages of special beers (some at upcharge). See post Cellar master menu - summit 8/18 - Celebrity Cruises - Cruise Critic Community to refresh your memory.

Coconut water used to be at the pool bar and the spa.

I had hard seltzers on Royal a few months ago... I *thought* that Celebrity used to have them at the pool bar and at Mast Grill, but I might be mistaken on that one.

As they roll to a more "all included" approach, they have very little incentive to provide the pricier items. 

Celebrity has never offered hard seltzer. Maybe Royal Caribbean does, but not Celebrity, I don’t go in Cellar Masters so didn’t realize they had more Ciders in there. I was just going by what I saw in other places on the ship and only a couple to choose from. Interesting about coconut water. I have never seen it on Celebrity, but guess it was 😂

12 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Celebrity has never offered hard seltzer. Maybe Royal Caribbean does, but not Celebrity, I don’t go in Cellar Masters so didn’t realize they had more Ciders in there. I was just going by what I saw in other places on the ship and only a couple to choose from. Interesting about coconut water. I have never seen it on Celebrity, but guess it was 😂

I'll take your word for it (not having seltzers). I swear some days I can barely remember what I had for breakfast... the coconut water was a nice alternative to gatorade. And made my wife happy 🤷‍♂️