Inspire not inspiring

cavalier

Great concept, horrific service after product fail. Ordered Covid test kits from Inspire, for my 3, as recommended on NCL. Kit arrived at my home in Colorado . Brought kit to Miami and had appointment for 9 am this am with proctor. Opened box. Three test kits, but one was missing a test cassette. Inspire offered no remedy, (though I had several great ideas) except for me to run around town and find a kit. They had testing sites, but none in Aventura( $150 ride to Miami proper.) When I’m in my expensive hotel with spa and golf appointments, and water park for my kid…. Which I can’t do because of their error???I’ve no car. Sail tomorrow.  Seriously???? I have to fix Inspire’s error, and run around without a car, waste my day, to find a specific kit? Asked if they could cover a port Covid test charge… no. NCL: quality control issues abound, but this service was booked on your advise/ NCL partner. There must be a backup plan when time sensitive test fails due to product error! Unacceptable!

On 3/19/2022 at 7:29 PM, cavalier said:

Great concept, horrific service after product fail. Ordered Covid test kits from Inspire, for my 3, as recommended on NCL. Kit arrived at my home in Colorado . Brought kit to Miami and had appointment for 9 am this am with proctor. Opened box. Three test kits, but one was missing a test cassette. Inspire offered no remedy, (though I had several great ideas) except for me to run around town and find a kit. They had testing sites, but none in Aventura( $150 ride to Miami proper.) When I’m in my expensive hotel with spa and golf appointments, and water park for my kid…. Which I can’t do because of their error???I’ve no car. Sail tomorrow.  Seriously???? I have to fix Inspire’s error, and run around without a car, waste my day, to find a specific kit? Asked if they could cover a port Covid test charge… no. NCL: quality control issues abound, but this service was booked on your advise/ NCL partner. There must be a backup plan when time sensitive test fails due to product error! Unacceptable!

This is terrible. What did you end up doing?

3 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

This a lesson learned just the same a never fly in the same day.  I would have opened the kits before traveling to be sure everything was there ~ it's unfortunate and I hope you were able to find a solution.

Not sure if these are like the Binax Now Ag tests, but with those, if you break the seal before instructed by the proctor, the test is invalid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Not sure if these are like the Binax Now Ag tests, but with those, if you break the seal before instructed by the proctor, the test is invalid.

No, you can open the box to check.  I ordered 4 (a set of 3 plus a set of 1), and it was all sent in the same box, so I opened it to be sure.

I didn’t open the cartridges until the proctored testing, though, but they weee individually foil sealed, so I could tell they were all present and accounted for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

This a lesson learned just the same a never fly in the same day.  I would have opened the kits before traveling to be sure everything was there ~ it's unfortunate and I hope you were able to find a solution.

Do not do that. 

The test kits need to remained sealed and opened with the proctor. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Do not do that. 

The test kits need to remained sealed and opened with the proctor. 

Not the Inspire test kits.   I also opened mine to be sure everything was included.   I did not see any warning on the box and our proctor did not say anything about the box being opened beforehand.

19 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Not the Inspire test kits.   I also opened mine to be sure everything was included.   I did not see any warning on the box and our proctor did not say anything about the box being opened beforehand.

Agreed!   We have ours in hand for our proctored exam on Friday. 
I just opened the box and confirmed it was complete.  
There  are no “warnings” on the shipping carton or inner box to not open those. 
I did not open the ziplocks that contain each of the two individual test kits.  We can see that each has the swab, tube w liquid, cap, and sealed test strip.  
interesting is that the exp date is April 2022, so that tells me to be careful about ordering these too early!  

859F8C7F-C71A-4083-9577-2E9BF735A750.jpeg

121A7D71-8CE2-4D3F-A6E4-6D8C13AD2B53.jpeg

1B3D67CD-4226-4F20-85C0-96E1057AB6A9.jpeg

1 minute ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Agreed!   We have ours in hand for our proctored exam on Friday. 
I just opened the box and confirmed it was complete.  
There  are no “warnings” on the shipping carton or inner box to not open those. 
I did not open the ziplocks that contain each of the two individual test kits.  We can see that each has the swab, tube w liquid, cap, and sealed test strip.  
interesting is that the exp date is April 2022, so that tells me to be careful about ordering these too early!  

859F8C7F-C71A-4083-9577-2E9BF735A750.jpeg

121A7D71-8CE2-4D3F-A6E4-6D8C13AD2B53.jpeg

1B3D67CD-4226-4F20-85C0-96E1057AB6A9.jpeg

Thank you for verifying my post and for mentioning the expiration date.  I was going to order more for our September cruise so now I will wait.

I received my test kits today and they expire March 2022. Inspire sent a letter with the kit and on the back it lists extended expiration dates for lot numbers. My lot wasn't listed so I called and was told that even though the test says March it is extended to June.

I asked what would happen if the test didn't work since it is "expired" and the only reply I received was it expires in June now. Not too comforting knowing that you paid for something that is subpar. I wasn't happy about this. I know the test probably will work but when you have a paid cruise that wasn't cheap on the line it is a bit annoying to say the least. (I realize it's a first world problem also)

I had ordered these tests because I thought it was going to be easier than running around trying to book a test but had I known this I would have scheduled a test at a location near me since I am driving to the port. Also when I called NCL and asked what I would have to do if this test kit didn't work I was told I would have to be tested again at my expense somewhere else which may or may not be in time for my Bermuda Authorization form to be completed.

I have a feeling that maybe Inspire is overloaded with extra test kits that have not been used since the amount of people cruising is reduced so much. Seems like they are trying to use up what they have and probably ordered too many. I tried calling NCL corporate to let them know that they contracted with a company that is doing this(to help someone in the future) and it is upsetting some cruisers but they didn't seem to care or acknowledge the problem.

I am glad I am just driving to my port but I cannot imagine trying to figure out the logistics of flying in and timing the tests and authorization forms. I can see why cruising is down because of this. Not that it is impossible to do just a hassle and not really part of what a lot of people want when considering vacation.

On 3/20/2022 at 5:34 PM, vadersprincess12 said:

You can't open the kits before. On the instructions I saw you have to open in front of the proctor online and they have to be able to see everything you do. I would think they would reimburse them since they were watching when kit was opened. A shame they had to run all over to get a kit or take a test somewhere

3 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

You can't open the kits before. On the instructions I saw you have to open in front of the proctor online and they have to be able to see everything you do. I would think they would reimburse them since they were watching when kit was opened. A shame they had to run all over to get a kit or take a test somewhere

You can open the cartons and inspect.

Per my pictures above, you can open the shipping carton...There are no warnings on that to not open.  Then you have an inner carton....again no note warning you not to open.

Once you open that inner carton, you will see the printed material and the test kits (however many you ordered)

Each "test kit" is inside its own zip-lock bag with each components of that kit in their own sealed packaging. 

DO NOT OPEN ANYTHING FURTHER.  LEAVE THE ZIPLOCK BAGS SEALED.

However, you can easily inspect that the back has all the parts inside it (swab, cap, nozzle, and test strip).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

You can open the cartons and inspect.

Per my pictures above, you can open the shipping carton...There are no warnings on that to not open.  Then you have an inner carton....again no note warning you not to open.

Agreed.  You can definitely open them to verify the test kits are in there.  Thanks to the OP for warning us.

Just to reiterate: there's no warning on the box or the paperwork and the only thing keeping the boxes sealed is a simple strip of clear packing tape on both the outer box and inner box.  If anyone is so concerned with the proctor being alarmed that the box is opened (which I highly, highly doubt), then reapply your own tape and open the box in front of them.

As said prior, don't tamper with the actual plastic bags that hold the test kits.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlushPell said:

I received my test kits today and they expire March 2022. Inspire sent a letter with the kit and on the back it lists extended expiration dates for lot numbers. My lot wasn't listed so I called and was told that even though the test says March it is extended to June.

I asked what would happen if the test didn't work since it is "expired" and the only reply I received was it expires in June now. Not too comforting knowing that you paid for something that is subpar. I wasn't happy about this. I know the test probably will work but when you have a paid cruise that wasn't cheap on the line it is a bit annoying to say the least. (I realize it's a first world problem also)

I had ordered these tests because I thought it was going to be easier than running around trying to book a test but had I known this I would have scheduled a test at a location near me since I am driving to the port. Also when I called NCL and asked what I would have to do if this test kit didn't work I was told I would have to be tested again at my expense somewhere else which may or may not be in time for my Bermuda Authorization form to be completed.

I have a feeling that maybe Inspire is overloaded with extra test kits that have not been used since the amount of people cruising is reduced so much. Seems like they are trying to use up what they have and probably ordered too many. I tried calling NCL corporate to let them know that they contracted with a company that is doing this(to help someone in the future) and it is upsetting some cruisers but they didn't seem to care or acknowledge the problem.

I am glad I am just driving to my port but I cannot imagine trying to figure out the logistics of flying in and timing the tests and authorization forms. I can see why cruising is down because of this. Not that it is impossible to do just a hassle and not really part of what a lot of people want when considering vacation.

The Government extended the shelf life of Covid Tests.   The expiration date is extended by three months.  Don't worry, you will be fine.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1