Taxi from Pier 91 to Sea-Tac Airport

badger1829

@badger1829, when is your cruise?  The reason I ask is that the City of Seattle has a contract with taxis to transport some school kids with special needs.  That means that there are fewer taxis available week day mornings (thru mid June) at Pier 91

That said, it is always better to 'self assist' yourself and carry your own luggage off as soon as you are allowed to, especially if you have an early flight.  (And hopefully your flight is scheduled for 11 AM or later).

There can be a line up of people waiting for cabs, which can add some time. There was when I disembarked Ovation in Oct. We were a little late disembarking, and many were confused to wait in cabins until their luggage tags were called, so they went down and joined the line of those self assist. I went down at 6am to get coffee, and the self assist line was already forming. If you are on a tight schedule, I would look into an Uber or Lyft. 

The Uber/Lyft lot is about a 10 minute walk from the Pier 91 terminal building.  There is a shuttle bus that carries about 14-16 people.  The Uber/Lyft area has numbered parking slots.  Your Uber/Lyft driver will let you know which slot they are parked in.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher

1 hour ago, badger1829 said:

We return on May 23.  We will be walking off and carrying off our luggage.  Flight is at 11:05.  Thanks!

If your flight is support3e you should look at Port Valet so you don't need to carry your own luggage off the ship. After putting it out at night you don't see it until you arrive at your destination.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

The Uber/Lyft lot is about a 10 minute walk from the Pier 91 terminal building.  There is a shuttle bus that carries about 14-16 people.  The Uber/Lyft area has numbered parking slots.  Your Uber/Lyft driver will let you know which slot they are parked in.

Interesting. Maybe there were just private cars that passengers paid for, picking people up right across from taxis. I know a few yelled out they could take to the airport for X amount. The traffic people were yelling as passengers crossed from the long taxi line, across the street to those pickups…Use the crosswalk, Use the crosswalk. They were getting mad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badger1829 said:

So, I order an Uber once off the ship, then get a shuttle to a lot, and then find where the uber is parked?  Hmmm, think I will stick with a taxi

I get back on May 13 from first Ovation sailing. I usually am not in a hurry to get off since I live here, but I will check lines when I disembark.

• Like 1

If you take a Taxi make sure you agree with the driver on the rate. I think it’s supposed to be a flat rate if I recall correctly. I took a cab from Pier 91 to the airport in 2019 and the driver tried to charge us more than what the flat rate was

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, badger1829 said:

We are open to reserving a private car for pick up to airport.  As long as they can drive to the area in front of terminal, that would work.

Okay.  The cost would be higher than a taxi or Uber, but it sounds like transportation that you would prefer.  You will just need to set it up before you cruise so they are waiting for you.

• Like 1

Just now, badger1829 said:

@Ferry_Watcher I was just looking at private transportation sites and they all posted that they needed to wait in a lot, so no advantage there. 

My friend, don't over think this.  Even though Pier 91 is quite sizable, traffic still needs to keep flowing.  There is a cell phone/internet lot very nearby where the private hire cars/vans/limos (different from Uber/Lyft) hang out awaiting a call from their pick-up passenger.  You would be directed to the left side of the large U shaped drive in front of the terminal building and let your driver know that you are waiting by the #3 (or whatever) sign.  Your driver will probably have a sign with your name on it to help you identify him/her..

MVIMG_20190509_140035(1).thumb.jpg.e23a803d83af292284683bd0ce926ec7.jpgView standing in front Pier 91 Terminal looking at the U shaped driveway.

On the left side is where private hire cars, vans & limos would pick up passengers.  This side would also have private cars of folks picking up family and friends.  Ride Share vehicles such as Uber & Lyft are not allowed to pick up passengers from this driveway area.

Photo of the right side of the driveway at Pier 91 standing outside the terminal building.  Taxis lined up during morning Disembarkation.  Airport transfer buses are to the right of the taxis - on the other side of the overhead awing.

IMG_20190614_062232.jpg

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
  • Like 1

Uber/Lyft parking lot at Pier 91.  This area holds about 35 Ride Share Vehicles.  It is about a 10 minute walk from the front of the Pier 91 terminal building.  There is also a shuttle van that carries 14-16 passengers to this lot.  @badger1829

MVIMG_20190505_184218.jpg

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
  • Like 1