I Want Me a Delicious Margarita. Please help.

BubbaD123

Hey everybody,

I'm taking a cruise out of Tampa next month on the Paradise. I love the Alchemy Bar, but the ship is so old, it ain't got one. I don't drink cocktails all that much at home.. but whenever I order a margarita at a cocktail joint, it's usually delicious. The ones that Carnival makes are hit or miss, but they're not really that good. Do they use a pre-mix or something? Does a typical poolside bar on Carnival have the ingredients to make a proper margarita? Will the Eastern European dude know what I'm talking about if I insist on a 'real margarita'? I tip well, if that makes a difference on a bartenders' decision.

Thank you. 

9 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

What Eastern European dude?

I'm not hatin'. I often think how much happier I would be if I were born in Moldova. I spend my time at the poolside bars, though, like the Prometheus. And at least on the Valor, they were 90% EE. Few Indonesians here n there. I almost fell in love with an Indonesian women, back in the day. 

I still need some margarita knowledge, though, if you're willin' to spare it. 

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

Don Julio Reposado, Grand Marnier, fresh squeezed lime juice, agave syrup, shaken over ice, poured over fresh ice.

Hell yeah! Exactly what I came here for. Do the bars on Carnival have all these ingredients? Will I look like a rigamarole-instigator if I just give them this list of ingredients?

If you want a good frozen one:

Tequila

Triple sec

Frozen sliced strawberries in syrup

Frozen limeade concentrate

Ice

Just be careful with this, you can use a ridiculous amount of tequila and can barely taste it. I'm pretty sure Chevy's restaurant uses something along this recipe because theirs tastes similar and are delicious. I'm sure they can make you a frozen one somewhere on the ship but it may not be as good. 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BubbaD123 said:

Hell yeah! Exactly what I came here for. Do the bars on Carnival have all these ingredients? Will I look like a rigamarole-instigator if I just give them this list of ingredients?

The Paradise has a Blue Iguana Tequila Bar where they should have those ingredients except maybe the agave.  That's why you should always cruise on a Carnival ship that has Alchemy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The Paradise has a Blue Iguana Tequila Bar where they should have those ingredients except maybe the agave.  That's why you should always cruise on a Carnival ship that has Alchemy.

The Blue's Patron Margarita has agave nectar in it, so they have it for sure (or should rather). 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Never mind, looks like they changed the recipe. 

I always ordered a Patron margarita but it was seemed to be made with a pre-mix. If I go to the Blue's Tequila Bar.. is that Blue's Patron margarita a pretty good one?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Don Julio Reposado, Grand Marnier, fresh squeezed lime juice, agave syrup, shaken over ice, poured over fresh ice.

I agree with this, but I would also suggest trying the Blue’s patron margarita. It’s my favorite. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Caps_Shield said:

Going on the Mardi Gras in June and they have no Blue's Tequila Bar.  I loved that Blue's Patron.  No idea what I'm going to do.  

I thought I would miss Blue Tequila Bar but honestly with all the new bars I was able to find plenty of good tequila!  

The best margarita I ever found was in the sports bar,if your ship has one. It is on their menu. My first stop is a margarita at this bar.

Laura

Edited by Laurab23
spelling

3 hours ago, Caps_Shield said:

Going on the Mardi Gras in June and they have no Blue's Tequila Bar.  I loved that Blue's Patron.  No idea what I'm going to do.

Red Frog Tiki Bar has Patron, although I don't remember what - I saw a few different bottles

.  (Supposedly Red Frog Tiki on MG is a Red Frog/Blue Iguana combo.)

5 hours ago, cruisin*tigger said:

.  (Supposedly Red Frog Tiki on MG is a Red Frog/Blue Iguana combo.)

Totally different bar than those other two.  I personally preferred the double decker bar to either of the other two on other ships.  

Don't get the "Blie's Blue Margarita" on the private islands. It's blue curacao, El Jimador, carton margarita mix, and way too much ice. Just watered down heartburn in a plastic yard. 

Your best bet is likely to make friends with the bartender at Alchemy Bar. 

On 3/22/2022 at 9:04 PM, BubbaD123 said:

Hey everybody,

I'm taking a cruise out of Tampa next month on the Paradise. I love the Alchemy Bar, but the ship is so old, it ain't got one. I don't drink cocktails all that much at home.. but whenever I order a margarita at a cocktail joint, it's usually delicious. The ones that Carnival makes are hit or miss, but they're not really that good. Do they use a pre-mix or something? Does a typical poolside bar on Carnival have the ingredients to make a proper margarita? Will the Eastern European dude know what I'm talking about if I insist on a 'real margarita'? I tip well, if that makes a difference on a bartenders' decision.

Thank you. 

Does your cruise on the Paradise include Cozumel? If so, catch a cab to the East side for the greatest margaritas on Planet Earth... First stop, Mezcalitos. Ask for a margarita with Don Julio Reposado and Controy,  and you can thank me when you get back... Next stop, Miami Bar for their great and unique take on the margarita, including fresh squeezed lime and grapefruit. Also ask for it to be made with Don Julio Reposado and Controy... While you're there, get a bowl of their homemade seafood soup...

• Like 2