B2B luggage question

shiner6

We are on a B2B cruise on the Pride next year in Europe.  We will be changing cabins after the first cruise. My question is this. Do we have to take our luggage off the ship and then bring it back on for the second cruise, or do they allow you to store it on the ship until you return?

You have to pack it up, but the stewards will move it to the new cabin. Although I would check with them and make sure they know you're staying but moving. (Unless this process is different in Europe?)

We were lucky enough to keep the same cabin for our upcoming b2b!

I have done 2 B2B within the last year and changed rooms each time. What I did was ask my room steward was he aware I'm doing a B2B and changing rooms. Each time they said yes and they instructed me to pack up everything in my luggage and leave it in the room and they will take it to my new cabin. Sure enough each time my luggage was moved to the new cabin.

3 hours ago, pengu1n said:

You have to pack it up, but the stewards will move it to the new cabin. Although I would check with them and make sure they know you're staying but moving. (Unless this process is different in Europe?)

We were lucky enough to keep the same cabin for our upcoming b2b!

The process is the same in Europe, we've done it several times.

Almost as easy as staying in the same room. Some have said you could leave things on hangers but that was not our personal experience. Just make sure NOT to put any luggage in the hallway! We simply set it by our sofa.

We did one B2B in Europe in 2007 but several in the US.  The process was different in Europe because you're not going through customs.  We had the same room but we got our new cards the night before and could stay on the ship or wander the town.  If the process is still the same, you don't have to get off the ship at all or go through any customs.  You would just have to move to your new cabin. 

Last month on our Horizon cruise we arrived at our cabin to find it hadn’t been cleaned and luggage was sitting inside. And our cabin steward told us someone else was staying in that cabin. They were doing a B2B in that cabin. We were so upset and panicking. They eventually figured out that the previous cruisers were switching cabins and that was our correct cabin. So please remember to make sure that the cabin steward knows you’re moving to another cabin and where that will be. I’d hate to see another cruiser go through what we did.