Help me do this right!!!

famof4togo

First off thank you all for making my time before our cruise so fun and educating!!!!!!  We leave in a few hours for our cruise tomorrow and I can't wait!

I have Cheers on our upcoming cruise...Ive always been a Vodka drinker and am well versed in what I like.  However, I am very new to both rum and tequila so I need advise on what brands to request for both rum and tequila that are "top shelf".

If it matters it would be for mixed drinks...not straight up.

TiA

1 hour ago, famof4togo said:

First off thank you all for making my time before our cruise so fun and educating!!!!!!  We leave in a few hours for our cruise tomorrow and I can't wait!

I have Cheers on our upcoming cruise...Ive always been a Vodka drinker and am well versed in what I like.  However, I am very new to both rum and tequila so I need advise on what brands to request for both rum and tequila that are "top shelf".

If it matters it would be for mixed drinks...not straight up.

TiA

Flora de Cana 18yr or 25yr (preferred if ship carries) for rum and either Don Julio or Patron for tequila and you want a Cadillac Margarita (tequila with Grand Mariner made with those)

Edited by dbrucern
  • Like 1

Min 100% de Agave for tequila, no mixto tequila. Even Jose makes a good 100% de agave call Traditional. There are soooo many good tequilas (I love tequila). Patron, Avión, Sauza Tres Generaciones are a few of my favorites that are readily available. Corazon is also a sleeper, very good for the money.  Honestly, there aren't many 100% de agave tequilas that are offensive, although I don't care for 1800. For rum Flor De Cana and Appleton Estate should be available on most ships.       

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Min 100% de Agave for tequila, no mixto tequila. Even Jose makes a good 100% de agave call Traditional. There are soooo many good tequilas (I love tequila). Patron, Avión, Sauza Tres Generaciones are a few of my favorites that are readily available. Corazon is also a sleeper, very good for the money.  Honestly, there aren't many 100% de agave tequilas that are offensive, although I don't care for 1800. For rum Flor De Cana and Appleton Estate should be available on most ships.       

I love Espolon tequila but doubt the ship has it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

I love Espolon tequila but doubt the ship has it.

Pretty sure you can get that from Total wine ($20 a bottle here in CA) and they often have this special called winery direct/spirits direct and many spirits are included (worth checking out). They send out $15 off coupons and you get discounts on top of that. Their EL Padrino gets great reviews too, actually, a lot of their spirit direct products get good reviews. They have nice wines included too. The ships need to have consistency across the fleet, so while it may be easy to get some things in some regions, it may be harder in others. I think they also purchase bulk from international vendors/suppliers so that may factor into it as well. It doesn't show up on any of their menus, but they have many good options nonetheless.  

Edited by cruisingguy007