Cancelled Cruise

I received an email from RCCL last night saying my cruise in 2023 Hawaii to Vancouver on the Radiance of the Seas is being cancelled because of updates to their global deployment.

The problem is this was the 1st leg of a Back-to-Back I had on the Radiance with the 2nd leg going from Vancouver to Alaska.

RCCL will not allow me to “Lift & Shift” to the Ovation of the Seas which is leaving Hawaii a few days later than the Radiance but still arriving in Vancouver the same day Radiance is leaving for Alaska.  They said it wasn’t eligible.  RCCL says they’ll only honor the Lift & Shift if I took the Ovation from Australia to Hawaii.  I had to book the Ovation in Hawaii at prevailing prices which is costing me more than $1600 more.

20+ cruises on RCCL & to say I’m upset is putting it mildly.  I could have, of course, had the option to cancel & get a full refund but we were so excited to return to Hawaii in 2923.  Shame on you Royal Caribbean!

Dear Sir

I would use stronger language then yours re: RCI;s inexcusable lack of Client Care -  aka CareLess about customers.  You mention that you are a long term client, while i was "almost" a 1st time customer.  I will Not consider RCI in the future.  I booked on the Radiation of the Seas 2 weeks ago on the NZ cruise and Now I find it is cancelled as they have redeployed the ship.  My point is that they were clearly considering this action 2 weeks ago and yet, continued to accept bookings. They should have suspended bookings during this reconsideration stage. But companies like RCI do Not give a Damn about clients no matter what their prior business / profits have totaled. Trust me, i will bad mouth them from now on - forget any future bookings !!  So they "announced " to the public b4 they notified the customer OR their travel Agent ----- REALLY !!   The thing is , in good conscience, I wanted to do some traveling and help the industry .  At the end of the day, by cancelling, RCI,  and while they have offered a transfer to their cattle cruise? -  in the days of the pandemic? - NO thank you to being on board with 5k others plus crew  -  Not an option.  But at the end of the day, they will Refund my deposit - But it may take "up to 45 Days" - what about my currency exchange fees, The Time Delay ???~~~!@#$-  I didnt tell them i would Pay the deposit down the road  in 45 Days or so ?!!Q!@$#@%^@    And i have booked hotels, tours etc and have spent perhaps 20 hours on this "trip of a lifetime" OK, I admit , my time is 20 hours x $1.00 (still , they owe me 20!!) Did i mention I have 2 daughters in Aussie i would visit at the same time ?

Truly, Royal Caribbean is in the trash barrow with a few other companies such as Subaru and VW  - Just Not Worth The Bother ---  should you, RCI, go "under" = we all benefit ......

cheers ?
PS

• Like 2

So RCI has removed Radiance from the Australian cruise schedule and replaced it with Enchantment a 27 year old ship that as far as I can see has never had a refit, if it did it was a long time ago.

They have created a new cruise itinary for this ship being in and around OZ, great but at the cost of what many of us see as a loss of a classy ship to one that is not far off the scrap heat, ...Bad move RCI

• Like 1

I'm onboard liberty out of Galveston.  Word travels fast. We are surprised radiance is showing up out of Galveston next feb march and April.  If I didnt have oasis out of miami mid march I'd have jumped on those prices. ...10 days from 588 pp to panama and Columbia...april does a thru the locks Panama to calif. Surprised us. 

• Like 1

I wanted to let everyone know that someone at Royal Caribbean stepped up & did the right thing.  At 10:30 last night I received an updated Cruise Vacation Receipt and the $1600 difference between my cancelled cruise & the new cruise at the prevailing price was gone.

There was no explanation but I am grateful for this update.  I’m sad that I had to resort to social media in order for them, in my opinion, to do what should have happened to begin with but I wanted to give them the credit for the update.

• Like 8

It's very frustrating, we had our b2b on Radiance cancelled in Feb 2023 cancelled as well, no other viable option for us, just glad we'd not booked airfare from the UK.   I can appreciate when ships were pulled due to covid etc but it's just annoying now especially with the loyalty everyone showed to RCI during the pandemic.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 7:57 PM, firefly333 said:

I'm onboard liberty out of Galveston.  Word travels fast. We are surprised radiance is showing up out of Galveston next feb march and April.  If I didnt have oasis out of miami mid march I'd have jumped on those prices. ...10 days from 588 pp to panama and Columbia...april does a thru the locks Panama to calif. Surprised us. 

agree, it was a nice surprise.  I couldn’t pass up the PC back to LA.  April is such a nice time to cruise out of Galveston. 

I do feel sorry, though, for those who have had their dream cruises canceled.

5 legs from Sydney early March to Honolulu end of April.  Gone.  

Before that it was Serenade for 2020, almost same itinerary...six legs.  Cancelled due to Covid. 

This cancellation was totally RCI's fault.  Indeed shame on them after what was cancelled previously.  

I will be asking for refund of deposits and all the FCC credits I applied to them from other cancellations.  No way to match it up on Ovation.   

Will try for Aussie cruise again for the 24/25 season...but it definitely won't be with RCI...twice burned, won't get me again.  😡

• Like 3

On 3/23/2022 at 7:26 PM, Scot7 said:

Dear Sir

I would use stronger language then yours re: RCI;s inexcusable lack of Client Care -  aka CareLess about customers.  You mention that you are a long term client, while i was "almost" a 1st time customer.  I will Not consider RCI in the future.  I booked on the Radiation of the Seas 2 weeks ago on the NZ cruise and Now I find it is cancelled as they have redeployed the ship.  My point is that they were clearly considering this action 2 weeks ago and yet, continued to accept bookings. They should have suspended bookings during this reconsideration stage. But companies like RCI do Not give a Damn about clients no matter what their prior business / profits have totaled. Trust me, i will bad mouth them from now on - forget any future bookings !!  So they "announced " to the public b4 they notified the customer OR their travel Agent ----- REALLY !!   The thing is , in good conscience, I wanted to do some traveling and help the industry .  At the end of the day, by cancelling, RCI,  and while they have offered a transfer to their cattle cruise? -  in the days of the pandemic? - NO thank you to being on board with 5k others plus crew  -  Not an option.  But at the end of the day, they will Refund my deposit - But it may take "up to 45 Days" - what about my currency exchange fees, The Time Delay ???~~~!@#$-  I didnt tell them i would Pay the deposit down the road  in 45 Days or so ?!!Q!@$#@%^@    And i have booked hotels, tours etc and have spent perhaps 20 hours on this "trip of a lifetime" OK, I admit , my time is 20 hours x $1.00 (still , they owe me 20!!) Did i mention I have 2 daughters in Aussie i would visit at the same time ?

Truly, Royal Caribbean is in the trash barrow with a few other companies such as Subaru and VW  - Just Not Worth The Bother ---  should you, RCI, go "under" = we all benefit ......

cheers ?
PS

Love VW

On 3/23/2022 at 8:49 PM, Sweepa from Tamworth said:

So RCI has removed Radiance from the Australian cruise schedule and replaced it with Enchantment a 27 year old ship that as far as I can see has never had a refit, if it did it was a long time ago.

They have created a new cruise itinary for this ship being in and around OZ, great but at the cost of what many of us see as a loss of a classy ship to one that is not far off the scrap heat, ...Bad move RCI

Enchantment is 4 years older than Radiance. It had the most extensive refit in the histort of Royal. Cut her in half and stretched her. 

FWIW, Radiance has never had an extensive refit. 

18 hours ago, Lockmonster said:

I wanted to let everyone know that someone at Royal Caribbean stepped up & did the right thing.  At 10:30 last night I received an updated Cruise Vacation Receipt and the $1600 difference between my cancelled cruise & the new cruise at the prevailing price was gone.

There was no explanation but I am grateful for this update.  I’m sad that I had to resort to social media in order for them, in my opinion, to do what should have happened to begin with but I wanted to give them the credit for the update.

Happy for you when hubby called after he got email lady gave him a hard time said booking the Quantum which was one of thier options in email she said it was eligible so it was 900 more I flipped told hubby no way I am canceling as this is the third time they have canceled Hawaii on us two was because of covid so when I called to cancel take the 100% refund I explained to this guy why he looked at our booking said the ship we moved it to was eligible he had the letter in front of him so he went back and forth with resolution dept they fixed it and gave it to us for the same price plus 200 obc boy were we happy! Now going on a bigger and newer ship for the same price I am happy with Royal again 😊 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Enchantment is 4 years older than Radiance. It had the most extensive refit in the histort of Royal. Cut her in half and stretched her. 

FWIW, Radiance has never had an extensive refit. 

Awww...I still miss the cute little "Enstretchment".  😉