Anyone used Bags to Go or similar businesses?

Currently on Allure . We would like to plan a tour once back in Ft Lauderdale to avoid a seven- hour wait at the airport but don’t want to drag luggage with us, of course. Anyone have a solution ( the ship’s tour isn’t appealing to us) or has anyone used Bags to Go as a holding pen? Thank you! 

In November we purposely booked a 9:30 PM flight from Miami after our cruise on Freedom so we can enjoy the beach and the city.  We booked a room at a resort on Miami Beach via Hotels By Day hotelsbyday.com.  We spent about $100 and was able to check in around 8:30 AM after disembarking from the ship.  Our check out time was 6:00 PM which was a great time to get to the airport and relax before our flight.  We had access to all of the hotel amenities including room, spa, gym, pool, beach chairs and umbrellas.  I'm sure they have similar resorts/locations in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Like 3

The bag places at the airport charge around $10 per bag (depends on size).  One for United/Southwest is up right escalator halfway to ticket counters.  We check in, drop bags there and go to United Club.  When 4 hours before flight I leave security, pick up luggage tags, get luggage and drop luggage off with airline. 

Southwest you can sometimes check luggage in earlier down on the baggage level.

6 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

One can not check bags sooner than 4 hours pre departure for domestic travel, generally

I've spent 30+ years working at airlines, so generally doesn't always translate to universally.  I know Delta won't do it, but others might, especially if you have status with the airline.

7 hours ago, Lane Hog said:

I've spent 30+ years working at airlines, so generally doesn't always translate to universally.  I know Delta won't do it, but others might, especially if you have status with the airline.

of course generally does not mean universally.  

American Airlines won't do it, even with million miler status.