How to make a reservation in specialty restaurants prior to the cruise without getting charged?

Chrissi3010

We will be in a Signature Suite on Reflection in May. We now wonder how we can make a reservation in the specialty restaurants prior to the cruise without getting charged for it because unlimited lunch and dinner in all specialty restaurants is included with this suite.

Thanks for any advice. 🙂

Christine

30 minutes ago, Chrissi3010 said:

We will be in a Signature Suite on Reflection in May. We now wonder how we can make a reservation in the specialty restaurants prior to the cruise without getting charged for it because unlimited lunch and dinner in all specialty restaurants is included with this suite.

Thanks for any advice. 🙂

Christine

If you have all specialties included, you will have a butler, who will work wonders for you once on-board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm speaking purely from what others have posted, as I've not cruised that level of suite, but you should be contacted by a concierge before boarding. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to assist. And I'm also sure there will be availability once you're on board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If staying in a Cabin with included Speciality dining, we have never been able to do it on line prior to the cruise. .  Or has it ever been necessary.

We have always been contacted by a shoreside concierge at around two weeks before the cruise.  We provide them our requests.  They make all the reservations, relay your liquor requests, any any special requests.  

Your Personal Host ( Butler) or the Retreat concierge can take care of any changes on board.  I found that once on board, the AP was easy to use for changes.  
We like to know what is on the Luminae and MDR menu before finalizing our plans, so we make a lot of advanced reservations and move them around as we go. Be sure to try the Porch for lunch.  One of our favorites.  

The simple answer is to us the Shoreside Concierge when asked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for your replies. Then we will wait for the shoreside concierge to contact us. (I hope they don't forget us here far away over the big pond 😜)

As we have never been on the Reflection we will of course try the Porch. 😋

Good night from Germany

Christine

4 hours ago, Chrissi3010 said:

Thanks for any advice. 🙂

Christine

Interesting I never heard of SS suites having free specialty restaurants? I know it is a perk for high end suites, royal and above.

15 minutes ago, George C said:

Interesting I never heard of SS suites having free specialty restaurants? I know it is a perk for high end suites, royal and above.

For ships that have them, yes.  Anything above a Celebrity Suite, including "Signature", which is technically 1 step below a "Royal".

CEL_TheRetreat_OnePager.pdf

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chrissi3010 said:

Thanks everyone for your replies. Then we will wait for the shoreside concierge to contact us. (I hope they don't forget us here far away over the big pond 😜)

As we have never been on the Reflection we will of course try the Porch. 😋

Good night from Germany

Christine

We are also over the pond and are always contacted about two weeks before cruising. We usually draft an email with our requests for dining and room set up about a month before cruising so that when the shoreside concierge contacts us we are ready to forward it to her/him. In our experience sending written details works better than simply verbally passing on information.

When we were on Reflection Murano was very popular. By mid cruise even higher suite guests who had not pre booked were struggling to get bookings so I do suggest pre booking even if once on board you get your butler to arrange some changes if necessary.

Worth looking at your itinerary to decide where to dine…We love Tuscan or Lawn grill when leaving a port (nice views) and Murano on sea days when we have been lazy and have more energy to enjoy a longer and more formal meal. As others have said, The Porch is great for a light lunch as is Sushi on Five.

2 hours ago, George C said:

Our last 3 cruises on infinity, edge and summit we had no problems booking specialty restaurants we wanted after boarding. We do prefer eating in Luminae the first day.

Definitely cruise by cruise dependent….

Edited by chemmo

16 hours ago, George C said:

Our last 3 cruises on infinity, edge and summit we had no problems booking specialty restaurants we wanted after boarding. We do prefer eating in Luminae the first day.

The same for us. The first night we would always like to meet the staff in Luminae and see how everything is set up (is that the right expression?)