TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR A WORLD CRUISE

Elephant1151

5 minutes ago, Elephant1151 said:

We have an annual travel insurance policy but cannot travel more than 65 days under the policy. Does anyone have recommendations for providers to cover a World Cruise for passengers with  pre-existing medical conditions?

Speak with your Insurers as they may allow with a small additional premium being paid.

I would make sure you can get insurance (and afford it ) before you book the cruise.  We were very happy to get a policy that covered my patner's pre-existing conditions for a 3.5 month trip (not all cruising) - but its well over a 1000 pounds equivalent 

We have annual travel insurance at a reasonable rate but needed to get one off cover for the World Cruise, we have previously sailed on 75 and 78 days at £1300 additional insurance.  However for 102 days I find £25,000 rather a lot just for the insurance.  To be fair the person quoting me did not instil much confidence as she kept going off to speak to  her Manager. 

I will try a broker as the length of the cruise is cited as a problem with other I have tried.online today. We are both 2 years older so that may increase the price.

If we cannot get a reasonable price we will transfer to half a world cruise as we are already covered by our present insurance. 

On 3/25/2022 at 8:24 AM, Elephant1151 said:

We have an annual travel insurance policy but cannot travel more than 65 days under the policy. Does anyone have recommendations for providers to cover a World Cruise for passengers with  pre-existing medical conditions?

Talk to your insurance broker/agent. Have had luck getting our insurance broker to obtain ‘carry over’ insurance through a secondary insurance company. May be expensive! Good luck! Cheers...

No they will not cover the number of days.  I contacted a number of companies yesterday and it is starting to look promising. BIBA have a list for those with pre existing medical conditions.

It is getting full cover and a reasonable cover for cancellations.  Not cheap but not extortionate.  We will certainly keep the annual one going as it is a very reasonable fee.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2022 at 12:30 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

Speak with your Insurers as they may allow with a small additional premium being paid.

We had a 90 day inclusive policy, so needed an extension to make it up to 108.   The cost of that was only a little less than an alternative policy covering the 108 days directly.  You make have better luck!