How is Regent handling "previously positive" Covid tests?

50 minutes ago, BBWC said:

No mention of any testing requirement.

Originally Canada was going to require a test prior to getting off a ship in Canada. That changed on April 1 (before the first cruises of the season arrived in Canada) hence as of that date tests are not needed if arriving by air, land or water.

However, I remain convinced that Canada requires a test to board a cruise ship that sails into or from Canada. I base this on information from the government of Canada website. I am sailing with Celebrity from Vancouver next month and, like Regent, Celebrity requires a test prior to boarding. The timeframe for getting the boarding test matches the Canadian requirement, making it moot.

I have yet to have the pleasure of filling out the ArriveCan app, unfortunately you can't complete it more than 72 hours before boarding so I am not sure exactly what it says.

Also onboard Mariner.  There is no test required to enter Canada (Regents pre-cruise info was incorrect as it said we did need to test) but as mentioned, you need to complete the ArriveCan process.  Some guests were fussing about this but Regent provided assistance where needed.

We arrive in Vancouver on Friday, and there was some speculation amongst crew about a week ago, that we might not be allowed, due to the outbreak of Covid cases.  But that speculation is over and we will dock as planned.  

18 minutes ago, travlr21 said:

I have yet to have the pleasure of filling out the ArriveCan app, unfortunately you can't complete it more than 72 hours before boarding so I am not sure exactly what it says.

We just did ArriveCAN to return from the U.S. You can complete part of it ahead of time on your phone.  You can take photos of your passport and your vaccination proof and upload them.  Then when you're in the time window, you complete the rest of the form, including your arrival port and approximate time.  There are questions also about a contingency quarantine plan, although not sure how you'd answer those.  

Regent advised us last week that there is no longer a 72 hour requirement for ArriveCAN. You can do it anytime. We completed ours last week and found it quite straightforward. Regent provided the answers to the quarantine plan (basically the ship), but I understand Canada dropped the quarantine plan requirement this week.

1 hour ago, BBWC said:

Regent advised us last week that there is no longer a 72 hour requirement for ArriveCAN. You can do it anytime. We completed ours last week and found it quite straightforward. Regent provided the answers to the quarantine plan (basically the ship), but I understand Canada dropped the quarantine plan requirement this week.

I'm glad that Regent supplied the answers for the quarantine plan, that's great.

But no, they haven't dropped it from ArriveCAN, at least not that I know of.  They may be just getting lenient about the 72-hour thing, but it's still the formal rule.  There may be special rules for cruise pax.

On 4/23/2022 at 7:01 AM, mrlevin said:

Regent finally addresses COVID Recovery Certificate:

https://www.rssc.com/voyage-health/SPL220602

I know we are not supposed to discuss COVID here, however, I am still at a loss with respect to testing positive long after getting COVID.  Question:  if you EVER test negative AFTER having COVID does that mean you are in the clear or can you still show positive up to 90 days after having COVID?

thanks,

Marc

If you've recently recovered from COVID, make sure you use an antigen test rather than PCR.  If you're no longer contagious, antigen test will confirm that. PCR may indicate positive for an extended period post-recovery.

• Like 1