Havana Bar on Mardi Gras - for everyone?

WorkerBee74

2 hours ago, WorkerBee74 said:

Quick question I can't seem to find an answer to - is the Havana Bar open to everyone or just those with Havana rooms?  I know you can't go out to to pool/deck without a wristband, but am wondering about the bar itself.

Yes as I used to Havana Bar on the Vista this week. You just can't use the Havana pool unless you have a room in the Havana area. Try the Cuban Ice tea from the Havana bar, it is awesome!

Edited by Retiredmedic
  • Thanks 1

Thank you - seemed like no one that did a review lately has went there so I was starting to wonder if you had to have a Havana room.  Much appreciate the answers, I'm definitely interested in the latin entertainment (and mojitos, of course!)  Thanks for the tip on the Cuban Iced Tea @Retiredmedic

• Thanks 1

I can help clarify that you may only use the inside portion of the Havana bar.  You will need a bracelet to get to the outside part of the bar.  Not sure anyone would enforce this, but there is a sign saying as much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFasbender said:

I can help clarify that you may only use the inside portion of the Havana bar.  You will need a bracelet to get to the outside part of the bar.  Not sure anyone would enforce this, but there is a sign saying as much.

That's correct. It was enforced last week on Horizon. Only the revolving door could be used, and they had a staff member at the door always checking for the bracelets. I saw a number of people get booted out.

3 hours ago, JFasbender said:

Figured so, we'd be interested on the 'inside' part of the bar.... I've got an 'outside' part on my balcony on deck 14 haha.

On 3/26/2022 at 5:25 PM, topaz123 said:

WE had a suite on the ship(Horizon)....not a Havana Room....they gave us bracelets that allowed us into the Havana Area.

That makes no sense. Why would they do that? The only logical reason is that the Havana rooms were underbooked..

On 3/31/2022 at 12:58 PM, wardwhitty said:

The bar, drinks, music and bartenders are the best.  Definitely give it a try.

Yes, this was a regular hang-out spot for us on our trip.  Loved the Cuban coffees, wonderful bartenders, loved the Latino dance classes. 

Dug out the bracelet we received to HAVANA CLUB,  note in our suite explained it was complimentary . Couldnt figure out how to rotate pic....sorry for asking you to stand on your head to read....HAHAHAH

IMG_9689.thumb.JPG.633518ca85afb8f296f35a77f948982b.JPG

Edited by topaz123
grammar

On 3/31/2022 at 11:29 AM, JFasbender said:

Not sure anyone would enforce this, but there is a sign saying as much.

And as soon as you ordered a drink there, the bartender would know you were not in a Havana cabin and that would raise a red flag that you don't belong.  They usually put a sticker on your card as well.

11 hours ago, topaz123 said:

Dug out the bracelet we received to HAVANA CLUB,  note in our suite explained it was complimentary . Couldnt figure out how to rotate pic....sorry for asking you to stand on your head to read....HAHAHAH

IMG_9689.thumb.JPG.633518ca85afb8f296f35a77f948982b.JPG

Thought you were cruising down under.

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2022 at 3:20 AM, csoud68 said:

That makes no sense. Why would they do that? The only logical reason is that the Havana rooms were underbooked..

It's possibly a suite perk on the Vista Class ships similar to the Loft 19 perk on the Mardi Gras given to those staying in the Excel Suites.

On 3/31/2022 at 12:44 PM, mdin said:

That's correct. It was enforced last week on Horizon. Only the revolving door could be used, and they had a staff member at the door always checking for the bracelets. I saw a number of people get booted out.

That is not our experience now on Mardi Gras. Nobody seems to be monitoring at all so we took off our bands after the first day. As mentioned, there is also a sticker on our card.

At this point I would not pay significantly more for these rooms again. Although I love our cabana patio, that is about the only benefit I'm seeing. Although you supposedly can't book in this section with kids under 12, they are free to run the hallways just like any other section of the ship.