10:30 flight from Orlando

Angiem

1 minute ago, Angiem said:

Is it feasible to catch a 10:30 flight from Orlando coming off The Mardi Gras?  Ty Angie

Close to impossible.  It is about an hour drive.  An 10:30 am flight starts boarding about 9:45 am and doors close at 10:15 am. MCO is slow as molasses unless you have no checked bags and CLEAR.  

• Like 2

Well, depending on the date it might be possible.  Have you seen the lines at MCO recently (people have been posting on social media)?  With spring break, the lines have been longer than I have seen in years.  Aside from high travel times like that, you might be okay.  

In August we were on Mardi Gras, our flight was at 11:25 and we had plenty of time.  But we always use priority debarkation and take the first Uber we can get.  And not near as many people were traveling back then (the ship was at 40% - 50% capacity).

I probably would not book a 10:30, but I'm the type of person who would stress about it the whole cruise.  It just doesn't give you much room if there are any delays with the ship docking or slow traffic.

MCO has been crazy busy since the pandemic numbers have declined, especially on weekends. I wouldn’t chance a departure until at least 12 noon. Just not worth all the aggravation trying to be one of the first passengers off of the ship. It’s bad enough watching passengers fight over seats on the shuttle bus to the car rental facilities.