Just back from Meraviglia (3/20-3/27) - happy to answer questions

Morgsmom

She was a ghost ship -- we got conflicting numbers but somewhere around 1100 pax with 130 in YC.  

Everything was EMPTY.  They only did one show a night at 9pm (vs the 5/7/9 they did two weeks ago for spring break).

As she is going into Dry Dock soon there are certainly some outages on the ship in terms of supplies.  Happy to answer any questions... 

Wow I figured there would be a lot more people on your cruise. I’m doing the April 3 one the last one before drydock in the yacht club. If you Were you in the YC I would also like to know more about any shortages that you encountered. I bid minimum to upgrade to YC balcony but that’s a lot of money for me!   But we so enjoyed it  in December!   I was kind of wondering if they wouldn’t stock the ship since there wasn’t any cruises following!

4 hours ago, ddlb said:

Wow I figured there would be a lot more people on your cruise. I’m doing the April 3 one the last one before drydock in the yacht club. If you Were you in the YC I would also like to know more about any shortages that you encountered. I bid minimum to upgrade to YC balcony but that’s a lot of money for me!   But we so enjoyed it  in December!   I was kind of wondering if they wouldn’t stock the ship since there wasn’t any cruises following!

Doing the same, YC bound next Sunday thanks to an upgrade. Going into this with an open mind and I'm sure its going to be interesting with drydock as the follow on. 

10 hours ago, wdowns9 said:

Doing the same, YC bound next Sunday thanks to an upgrade. Going into this with an open mind and I'm sure its going to be interesting with drydock as the follow on. 

They are winding down on staff at this time; planning to dry dock with 300 crew members.  Have fun in YC!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ddlb said:

Yes, we were in YC.  There were many venues (including Ocean Cay, Skylight Bar, Edge Bar, etc) that offered menus but then when we asked for something they were "out" or it was "allocated for Yacht Club." This was ok as we were in YC, but sometimes it's nice to get out of the bubble and move around.  

I will say that our Butler was non-existent for the week.  While our Jr Butler was excellent this other gent told us straight away that his contract ended on the day we were leaving and that he wasn't being renewed, ergo... no service from him.  The rest of the staff made up for it but it was kind of a bummer.

3 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Yes, we were in YC.  There were many venues (including Ocean Cay, Skylight Bar, Edge Bar, etc) that offered menus but then when we asked for something they were "out" or it was "allocated for Yacht Club." This was ok as we were in YC, but sometimes it's nice to get out of the bubble and move around.  

I will say that our Butler was non-existent for the week.  While our Jr Butler was excellent this other gent told us straight away that his contract ended on the day we were leaving and that he wasn't being renewed, ergo... no service from him.  The rest of the staff made up for it but it was kind of a bummer.

What was your Butlers name , if I may ask?
Sounds like one we had in November.

3 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

We had A-MAZ-ING service from Alexis & Herber, just a few weeks ago.

1st day, we let them know exactly what we wanted for the week and they exceeded our expectations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phissy said:

What was your Butlers name , if I may ask?
Sounds like one we had in November.

Oh stars, I couldn't even tell you.  Literally met him once on day one and once the night before disembarkation when he told us that he wouldn't be walking us off... LOL!!!!  As I said, everyone else was very helpful but he was a lost cause.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello, the wife and I are cruising Divina at the end of April and I have an Ocean Cay question. Do know anything about snorkeling excursions on the Cay? I’m interested in the excursion that goes to the sunken barge/ship about a mile from the ship, but appreciate anything about the island. Thanks 

The snorkeling isn't bad right off the Lighthouse beach.  Both the left and right side have rocks that attract fish.  I also saw large schools taking shelter along the floating fence barrier.  I do not know anything about the excursion though.  I saw some people last time I was there with some pelletized fish food to draw the fish out of the rocks on the side nearest the boat too.  

• 3 months later...