Sky princess 28 March live

db51

5 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Is your Dyson Airwrap still working without issue?   
Glad you are making the most of the cruise after an awful embarkation. 

Yes perfectly - (it is a UK one and I use the European socket - it works exactly the same as at home)

I have forgotten embarkation already and am trying to persuade DH that we need another cruise this year!!

• Like 1

Bistro Sur La Mer

amuse bouche - lovely tasty little mouthfuls (loved the goats cheese made to look like olives).

starters - escargot in little crunchy balls, very pleasant / terrine pate lovely

mains - after a false start (the scallops were like rubber bands and even the waitress mentioned it and offered a replacement) we both had a really excellent fillet mignonette in a lovely onion sauce.

dessert - the floating island was amazing and very light / the chestnut dessert heavier but very tasty.

Great service, good food, nice view from the window.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, db51 said:

Yes perfectly - (it is a UK one and I use the European socket - it works exactly the same as at home)

I have forgotten embarkation already and am trying to persuade DH that we need another cruise this year!!

Thank you, I would have left mine at home if I hadn’t seen your post. 

Good Luck with your DH 🤣

Just now, judithzuz said:

Hoping to hear from someone on board. Does Princess offer Medallion swag at a discount on board or at the end of a cruise? Just wondering if I can upgrade from my all too long Sports lanyard.

I'm not on the Sky Princess but have been on two other Princess cruises since the beginning of the year.  I can't see them discounting any swag at the end of a cruise since within hours those embarking on the next cruise will be customers willing to pay full price.  I also experienced lack of inventory on my January cruise when I was looking for the silver bracelet (they only had it in one instead of 3 different sizes) that the staff said wasn't unusual.

1 minute ago, capriccio said:

I'm not on the Sky Princess but have been on two other Princess cruises since the beginning of the year.  I can't see them discounting any swag at the end of a cruise since within hours those embarking on the next cruise will be customers willing to pay full price.  I also experienced lack of inventory on my January cruise when I was looking for the silver bracelet (they only had it in one instead of 3 different sizes) that the staff said wasn't unusual.

Thanks for the quick response. I changed my mind as to what I wanted and the bracelet, which is what I would like, won't reach me in time before my next cruise. But yeah, I'll just check to see what they have on board.

14 minutes ago, judithzuz said:

Thanks for the quick response. I changed my mind as to what I wanted and the bracelet, which is what I would like, won't reach me in time before my next cruise. But yeah, I'll just check to see what they have on board.

I bought the bracelet on the first evening of my second cruise.   Every time I passed the kiosk the first afternoon there were multiple lines of people having issues with the medallion itself so I waited til after dinner.  Waiting a few hours paid off.  The entire transaction might have taken 2 minutes.  I really like the bracelet and the only jewelry I ever wear is a watch and earrings.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruiser419419 said:

The bracelet costs $12 on board, which is cheaper than Amazon

The silver or gold metal bracelet was $54 or $56 on board.  I think It was the former on a March 10th cruise.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phabric said:

db51

Was the camel ride a Princes excursion?

How did you get up on the camel?

It was Princess and the camel sat down, then you both had to sit down together ( and at the end get up together) and if one person was much heavier than the other they weighed the lighter side down with sandbags.

Also on the subject of hot puddings, we not only had bread pudding for lunch, there was hot cobbler for dinner. Thank you Princess.
My next wish is for the Sky Princess love boat horn to sound as we leave Funchal. It didn’t play as we left Gran Canaria nor Lanzarote and we are all ( in our party) addicted to the sound. Are there rules for when it does and doesn’t sound?

Rough seas tonight for the first time. 

2 minutes ago, db51 said:
My next wish is for the Sky Princess love boat horn to sound as we leave Funchal. It didn’t play as we left Gran Canaria nor Lanzarote and we are all ( in our party) addicted to the sound. Are there rules for when it does and doesn’t sound?

Some ports do have noise restrictions.

Hi - we are booked on the next cruise - April 9th. I see posts above saying that you have been able to book speciality restaurants for this next cruise. How did you do this? I'm all set up on the Medallion app - 5 green ticks, main dining room booked. But it keeps saying I have to check back later for dining options

1 hour ago, aroussel2021 said:

Hi - we are booked on the next cruise - April 9th. I see posts above saying that you have been able to book speciality restaurants for this next cruise. How did you do this? I'm all set up on the Medallion app - 5 green ticks, main dining room booked. But it keeps saying I have to check back later for dining options

It may be closed now.  You can retry in the next day or two.  Or, just call the dine line in your cabin on the first day to book. We did that on day 1, on our recent 6 cruises.

3 hours ago, aroussel2021 said:

I'm on Sky on April 23, and I booked Crown Grill last night through the app.  First, make sure that you have the most updated version of the app.  Then, go to "View or book individual daily reservations",  then, "Add Reservation", then select "Specialty Dining".  I hope it works for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, linaka625 said:

I'm on Sky on April 23, and I booked Crown Grill last night through the app.  First, make sure that you have the most updated version of the app.  Then, go to "View or book individual daily reservations",  then, "Add Reservation", then select "Specialty Dining".  I hope it works for you!