McAfee WebAdvisor Warning for O Website

tigerfan75

For the last 10 days I have received a warning banner across the top of the Oceania website from my third-party antivirus software.  I wrote a comment to Oceania's web page I.T. folks about it, but I have not heard from them.  Does anyone else get a warning from their anti-virus software?  The warning does not give confidence on the use of the site for all the necessary transactions.  Thanks.

McAfee WebAdvisor

We tested this page and blocked content that comes from potentially dangerous or suspicious sites. Allow this content only if you're sure it comes from safe sites.

THANKS for the replies.  The Oceania web master has contacted me for more info to determine the exact problem.  I will update everyone as answers develop from Oceania.  Good to hear that no other virus protection software shows a problem...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tigerfan75 said:

THANKS for the replies.  The Oceania web master has contacted me for more info to determine the exact problem.  I will update everyone as answers develop from Oceania.  Good to hear that no other virus protection software shows a problem...

I started receiving the same message from McAfee when using my desktop computer but not on my Android device. 

The Oceania Web Master replied that the issue is with McAfee WebAdvisor:

"Our site is secure, so sometimes it might be the settings on your browsers also causing this issue.  Based on the screenshot I do see that your security software McAfee is provided you this message not us. If you have this software installed you can actually remove these pop ups from occurring."

I subsequently did an on-line chat with McAfee Customer Service.  I allowed them remote access to my desktop PC, and the tech worked for 48 minutes to find and isolate the issue within the Oceania website.  She finally just put the Oceania website on my PC's Trusted List, so McAfee WebAdvisor will not perform any analysis on it when I access the website.

So, this is resolved in what I will term a "work-around", and subsequently this topic is closed for me...

THANKS again for all of your replies to assist.  Hope to see all onboard again in the future!

• Like 1

That Mcafee fella, he was a real piece of work. I know he sold the company years ago, but I'd never buy anything from them. Then again, I'm no fan of Norton. The problem with antivirus protection is that it also keeps out things that sometimes you want. 

3 hours ago, ORV said:

That Mcafee fella, he was a real piece of work. I know he sold the company years ago, but I'd never buy anything from them. Then again, I'm no fan of Norton. The problem with antivirus protection is that it also keeps out things that sometimes you want. 

The easiest way to speed up a Mac, back in the day, was to un-install Norton!